E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Just now: 550i vs. 335i

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Currently MB SL 500 Roadster Next: 2009 535i. Hopefully summer '08

Originally Posted by aznunknownx' post='482567' date='Oct 17 2007, 01:39 AM
Wow should it matter to you? You're neither the driver or the spectator, so there's no need for you to piss your pants off... Of course there's a lot of possibilities if u say "What happens if..." but the fact is there wasnt a stalled car with no lights or such, so dont be throwing your angry comments here...
This time there wasn't. It MATTERS to me because I drive, my wife drives, my kids drive, and the my family drives these roads and I don't like idiots racing and endangering their or others lives. Doing 140, if you did, is just reckless and stupid and shows no regard for anyone else. BTW, a week ago some kids hit a guard rail and stalled on the freeway and got nailed by driver going just 65 and killed one passenger in the East Bay. Just think if he were doing 140 and hit them, would have killed all 5 in the car plus himself. I don't care if you race, we all like a little speed. But if you are going to race, do it right and take it to Infinion and have some safe fun or take it outside SF down 280 where it's wide open and less traffic early on Sunday morning.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Members

That's phucking stupid and he had the nerve to brag about it.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

I believe the story, why lie about anything here on the forum because we don't actually know one another so whats the purpose of lying.
I race around and never drive the speed limit, I think the guys saying speeding is crazy don't drive the speed limit either. It's a matter of degree, if the conditions are reasonable, then go for it.
You can get killed at 30 MPH as well and statistic show that most impacts at at the 30 mph speed. I try to stay ahead of them all by driving faster.
You can follow this to my other post rescheduling a race with a 550.
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...amp;hl=pennetta
Old 10-17-2007, 03:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='482796' date='Oct 17 2007, 03:16 PM
I believe the story, why lie about anything here on the forum because we don't actually know one another so whats the purpose of lying.
I race around and never drive the speed limit, I think the guys saying speeding is crazy don't drive the speed limit either. It's a matter of degree, if the conditions are reasonable, then go for it.
You can get killed at 30 MPH as well and statistic show that most impacts at at the 30 mph speed. I try to stay ahead of them all by driving faster.
You can follow this to my other post rescheduling a race with a 550.
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?show...mp;hl=pennetta

Do you race at night ??
Old 10-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Wow this is amazing... look how you brought out the lurkers and got them posting... Congrats aznunknownx... you should be awarded the prize most influential in getting lurkers to post for E60.net HAHAHAHA I've never seen soo much passion and response to a thread...

On a side note... complaining here about how people shouldnt race wont do squat... if you want to make a difference go knock on Sacramento's doors and tell them we should implement the death penalty for anyone who gets caught driving over 65mph... I guarantee you'll get results.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='482867' date='Oct 17 2007, 05:08 PM
Wow this is amazing... look how you brought out the lurkers and got them posting... Congrats aznunknownx... you should be awarded the prize most influential in getting lurkers to post for E60.net HAHAHAHA I've never seen soo much passion and response to a thread...

On a side note... complaining here about how people shouldnt race wont do squat... if you want to make a difference go knock on Sacramento's doors and tell them we should implement the death penalty for anyone who gets caught driving over 65mph... I guarantee you'll get results.
lol... i'll take that as a compliment EBMCS03

It's true what you said, complaining about other people's speeding experience won't change shit... might as well just go a long with it and ask a few friendly questions that some of you get to experience rarely or none at all =p (Going 140 in my case) I'm just sharing my experience with my fellow e60 members, not to brag about it... I already know the fact that 550i can beat 335i on triple digit speed, but haven't actually experienced it real life. So I'm just confirming what I've learned in this forum is true. (The temptation to race it out with another BMW is also far too great )Hell, if I was beaten by that 335i, I would still post this thread.

oh, and dragoncoach... it was down by 280, so yeah... no need for you to crap your pants. we all have our own priorities. since you have a family, obviously you have your own concern more regarding safety... but yeah you should also consider the fact that not all people think the way you do eh?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by IFly650i' post='482777' date='Oct 17 2007, 12:34 PM
That's phucking stupid and he had the nerve to brag about it.
dude you own a freaking M5 and you dare to call me 'phucking stupid'? you should go sell your car and go buy a Prius instead. obviously you dont live up to the M5 title and deserve to be its owner
Old 10-17-2007, 06:41 PM
Members

My Ride: Currently MB SL 500 Roadster Next: 2009 535i. Hopefully summer '08

Originally Posted by aznunknownx' post='482890' date='Oct 17 2007, 08:20 PM
lol... i'll take that as a compliment EBMCS03

oh, and dragoncoach... it was down by 280, so yeah... no need for you to crap your pants. we all have our own priorities. since you have a family, obviously you have your own concern more regarding safety... but yeah you should also consider the fact that not all people think the way you do eh?

Sounds like you're really young with your first "toy". If you were older and had to be responsible for someone other than yourself you may understand how some people feel about driving that fast on public roads. Sounds like you have the "it's all about ME" syndrome and I can do whatever I like and if I kill someone else, who cares. I'm done with this thread, it's getting to be a waste of time.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Members

Originally Posted by aznunknownx' post='482899' date='Oct 17 2007, 09:30 PM
dude you own a freaking M5 and you dare to call me 'phucking stupid'? you should go sell your car and go buy a Prius instead. obviously you dont live up to the M5 title and deserve to be its owner
I buy my M5 to enjoy it, not to race and kill innocent bystanders or drivers.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by IFly650i' post='482959' date='Oct 17 2007, 09:33 PM
I buy my M5 to enjoy it, not to race and kill innocent bystanders or drivers.
Just what part of the M5 are you enjoying? The radio?

If you do happen to hurt/kill someone while riding the M5 *knock on wood* , then obviously the M5 is not for you...

Quick Reply: Just now: 550i vs. 335i