E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Just my luck!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

did u get any low coolant warnings? i had to replace my radiator at 50k. was corroded. orginally i thought it was water pump . u said ur temp was 120? thats on the low side. dont these cars run around 180 in normal conditions
Old 03-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 525xi

Originally Posted by inktoxicated
did u get any low coolant warnings? i had to replace my radiator at 50k. was corroded. orginally i thought it was water pump . u said ur temp was 120? thats on the low side. dont these cars run around 180 in normal conditions
Those values are in Celsius, not Fahrenheit 120F is basically a cold start of the engine.

Anyways, I got confirmation from my shop that it is in fact the water pump, and it's covered by the warranty! If all goes well she should be back up and running tomorrow evening.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:03 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 525xi

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Bummer dude I know how you feel - been there Look at the bright side, after it's all done, you'll be able to drive it at least 15-20 mins before something else goes wrong... Sorry for my crappy humor - just trying to cheer you up a bit I really have been there - I've already replaced the belt, water pump, tensioner, thermostat, clutch, flywheel, spark plugs, brakes... the list is too long but what keeps me going is trying to always replace the broken/worn parts with better components (though, water pump isn't exactly "upgradeable", but do get the OEM! ) - kinda like what you did with the back bumper...

anyway, best wishes, hang in there
Thanks!
And I remember your thread... I was glad to see that everything worked out for you in the end.
Stuff I've replaced so far are... brakes/rotors, thermostat, fuel tank purge valve, vanos solenoids, water pump (in that order). I'll probably be doing spark plugs near the end of the summer, since it's a fairly easy preventative maintenance item.