E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just had the latest software loaded.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07 E61 530d M-Sport.

Got my car back today after the body control computer was replaced. The whole car was reloaded with the latest software, it was on the original first LCI software what ever that was. It all works ok but I have noticed that the gearstick when moved between positions now doesn't have the same clunk like a relay or solenoid was moving, its now much more of a gentle click, its really quiet and seems to be more responsive without having to hold it in position for as long for it to change from "P" to "D" or "P" to"R" etc. So far it seems a marked improvement although i don't know if it was a software improvement or did they actually change something, does anyone know if they have a modified the shifter mechanism?

The software version is 31.2 which they said was the latest, is that also the case?

Cheers for any replies.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Just cool it down!

If you got the Progman 31.2 from your BMW dealers, it should be the best version for your car.
Some change may happened that you don't know and understand, yet...

You kids are so into CIPs, updates and shit...
Anyone realized that the latest isn't the best all the time???

Cars are a bit conservative.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='725425' date='Nov 19 2008, 12:10 PM
Just cool it down!

If you got the Progman 31.2 from your BMW dealers, it should be the best version for your car.

Not when it comes to a turbo lag
Old 11-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport Saloon / Carbon Black / E-maps re-map / 20" Vortex R alloys - carbon black / Pro-Nav / Vis pack / heated leather / enough for now /

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='725425' date='Nov 19 2008, 08:10 PM
Just cool it down!

?
Maybe something got lost in translation?

Anyway, back to the OP....
Glad you noticed some improvement . Possible that they've modified the 'box firmware to give the result you've noticed. Also possible that it was simply the result of a hard reset/battery disconnect/or simply 'box reset.

Have you noticed any change to the I-drive functionality, graphics or other bits?
Old 11-20-2008, 12:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 07 E61 530d M-Sport.

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='725425' date='Nov 19 2008, 08:10 PM
Just cool it down!

I was only letting people know my experiences with the latest software and asking a couple of questions. So no need for such a strong reply.

As for the gearbox selection I don't think its a reset it deffinately feels like they have changed something and its selecting the gate alot quicker now without the pause. I'm really pleased with the improvement and I had no complaints before.

I havent noticed any different icons or colours on iDrive but I have a "BMW Mobile" tab in commmunications now that I don't think was there before(not 100% though), havent had time to look at it yet though to see what it does.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:02 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by Dandle' post='726208' date='Nov 20 2008, 04:55 AM
I was only letting people know my experiences with the latest software and asking a couple of questions. So no need for such a strong reply.

As for the gearbox selection I don't think its a reset it deffinately feels like they have changed something and its selecting the gate alot quicker now without the pause. I'm really pleased with the improvement and I had no complaints before.

I havent noticed any different icons or colours on iDrive but I have a "BMW Mobile" tab in commmunications now that I don't think was there before(not 100% though), havent had time to look at it yet though to see what it does.
I'm glad you are able to see an improvement on the way your car shifts. I understand where Ricracing is coming from. There are many cars out there that are running just fine, but many people feel that they are missing out on something, if they don't have the latest and greatest software installed. Many of the later upgrades had to do mostly with visual improvements on the SAT/NAV and I have read threads where people who do have SAT/NAV want the latest upgrade anyway. I have also read that 31.2 is effectively returning the software to about the same level that Rev 27.x was because it seems that they may have introcude some bugs with later versions including 31.1, but I could be wrong and maybe one of the real experts on this forums may be able to enlighten this point. Yes, 31.2 is the latest rev. which, as I mentioned earlier seems to revert the car back to an earlier rev. with maybe some added improvements in other areas.

Anyway, good luck with your upgrade and enjoy your ride.