E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just crashed my '05 e-60

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530 w/ sport package, premium package and that's it----yup it's lacking al the bells and whistles.

I just did one of the dumbest things today. I was hanging out with some friends and we started doing donuts in our cars. I removed the DSC and started going at it. Well to make a long story short, my car skid on some slimy water and the back tire hit the curb hard. My tire is facing inward and the car is not driveable. I tried driving it a bit and my car did a 180 so i had to stop right away. My insurance is taking it to tho body shop tomorrow so it can get fixed. Do you guys think I broke the axl? My friends think the wheel is just bent. If the axl was broken, do you guys think the car will ever be the same? I'm thinking about getting rid of it now. I'll attach a pic of it later so you guys can give me your feedback.

In the meantime, I'm going to bed with my tail in between my legs.

Eric
Old 11-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Senior Members

hard to say without the pics, but i'm sorry to hear what happened :thumbsdown:
Old 11-14-2007, 08:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by elanzillotta' post='494469' date='Nov 14 2007, 11:51 PM
I just did one of the dumbest things today. I was hanging out with some friends and we started doing donuts in our cars. I removed the DSC and started going at it. Well to make a long story short, my car skid on some slimy water and the back tire hit the curb hard. My tire is facing inward and the car is not driveable. I tried driving it a bit and my car did a 180 so i had to stop right away. My insurance is taking it to tho body shop tomorrow so it can get fixed. Do you guys think I broke the axl? My friends think the wheel is just bent. If the axl was broken, do you guys think the car will ever be the same? I'm thinking about getting rid of it now. I'll attach a pic of it later so you guys can give me your feedback.

In the meantime, I'm going to bed with my tail in between my legs.

Eric
Almost anything is fixable. This one sounds expensive, though. Your insurance is covering it?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Ouch... at least you had the balls to post and say that... I'm sure plenty of people will give you a hard time... Ummm you dont have to answer or you can PM me the answer... I wont spread it... but curious... how old are you?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Banned

way to be crazy with a curb near by-luckily you did not hit a parked car or a person at that rate. Try an open wide space next time
Old 11-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Members

My Ride: AmethystGrau '03 530i

Pic please? So we can relate better and mourn with you....
Old 11-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Members

My Ride: 2003 530d

Something similar happened to me once on my first E46. It was in snow and the cleaned off snow was piled up near the curb. I hit that pile with the side of my car. Luckily it was only body damage and my insurance covered it (minus deductible).
But I'll never forget the feeling of dumbness and embarassment.
Oh well at least we learn from our mistakes.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

Originally Posted by elanzillotta' post='494469' date='Nov 14 2007, 08:51 PM
If the axl was broken, do you guys think the car will ever be the same? I'm thinking about getting rid of it now.
Sorry to hear about your accident bro. Anytime there is any frame damage, the car will never drive the same again. And if it does, you'll always question the integrity in the back of your mind. I'd get rid of the car ASAP. Looks like your trying to pick up Euro-Delivery 550i anyways. Good luck!
Old 11-14-2007, 11:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

If you hit it very hard I bet that there is more than just the wheel being bent
the rubber might have split on the lower 2 bar that hold the wheel.
I just change my.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

For what its worth, several years ago my Camaro was pretty much T-boned by a Toyota. Most of the damage was on the front end passenger side. The wheel was bent pretty bad and the car had to be towed. After the body shop called me and explained the damage, I was surprised that the front end assy was still intact and that the wheel took most of the damage, the rest was absorbed by the body. End story was that when the car was fixed it ran absolutely fine. Based on what you posted, I'm pretty sure your car will be too. But you are definitely going pay some $$$, either through repairs or increased insurance.

You are not the first person to do something dumb with a car, and you certainly won't be the last. Just be thankful nobody got hurt and learn from your silly mistake.

Quick Reply: Just crashed my '05 e-60