E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought a beautiful 2008 535XI

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 04:54 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Stock '07 530xi
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by Carnewb
I got it fixed from a local shop, apparently the motor locked up for the tilt function. It cost about $200 but it was cheaper than the BMW option of a $500 part plus labor. The guys at Autohaus in Royal Oak Mi got it taken care of in a few days while I was out of town.
Almost everything is cheaper at a local guy than a dealership. Just make sure to go to a shop that knows what they're doing otherwise it's going to turn into a sh** show...

But congrats on the new car!

Last edited by JayArras; 11-13-2017 at 06:10 AM.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:24 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Originally Posted by Nadhir
Almost everything is cheaper at a local guy than a dealership. Just make sure to go to a shop that knows what they're doing otherwise it's going to turn into a sh** show... :

But congrats on the new car!
Thanks I brought it to a place that specializes in German cars that seemed to have great reviews.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:27 AM
New Members

My Ride: Stock '07 530xi
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by Carnewb
Thanks I brought it to a place that specializes in German cars that seemed to have great reviews.
That’s good! My second car was a VW and I took it to a generic shop for some work - shocks, brakes, rotors, etc.

At the end of the day, and after a total of two or three mechanics working on my car, I drove out of there with my car beeping continuously because they didn’t do it properly and the car thought the parking brake was broken. Literally there was a beeping sound like a seatbelt warning on the entire time I drive. I learned my lesson that day...