E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

JDN What is w/your software update?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 04:21 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JDN:
Thanks for the information, sorry to hear of your problems. My car is like yours, I have software version 11.2 and no significant problems. The driver's side window stops once in a while but everything else works fine. The airbag light goes out when a passenger sit down, I don't the common problems. I also don't have Nav., do you think this is Nav. related? After reading your story, it would take a major problem before I would let my dealer update my software. I'm sticking with the devil I know!
Old 10-25-2004, 05:52 PM
JDN
Contributors

Good plan, juan. I'm not absolutely positive that NAV is the problem, but it did play into my scenario. I'll keep the forum posted on when the parts start rolling as I am sure others will, too. I would wait until then. After all, I was really only missing out on BMW Assist -- big deal. <_< Well, maybe RDS, but again, so what.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:55 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Oct 25 2004, 08:52 PM
Good plan, juan. I'm not absolutely positive that NAV is the problem, but it did play into my scenario. I'll keep the forum posted on when the parts start rolling as I am sure others will, too.? I would wait until then. After all, I was really only missing out on BMW Assist -- big deal.? <_<? Well, maybe RDS, but again, so what.
[snapback]49272[/snapback]

JDN - I too can only contact Assist w/ the SOS button.. nothing from within I-drive, and where is says "enable services", nothing happesn.. do you or anyone else have any info on this?
Old 10-25-2004, 06:16 PM
JDN
Contributors

wassy, I would leave well enough alone for the time being if I had a working E60. Anyone asking for an update in this time frame is flirting with disaster.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Oct 25 2004, 03:55 PM
[quote name='JDN' date='Oct 25 2004, 08:52 PM']Good plan, juan. I'm not absolutely positive that NAV is the problem, but it did play into my scenario. I'll keep the forum posted on when the parts start rolling as I am sure others will, too.? I would wait until then. After all, I was really only missing out on BMW Assist -- big deal.? <_<? Well, maybe RDS, but again, so what.
[snapback]49272[/snapback]

JDN - I too can only contact Assist w/ the SOS button.. nothing from within I-drive, and where is says "enable services", nothing happesn.. do you or anyone else have any info on this?
[snapback]49274[/snapback]
[/quote]
same here. before the s/w updated, it was ok but not now .
Old 10-25-2004, 10:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I think BMW's problem is the big range of different options/cars/countries. When they give the dealers an update it can work perfectly for one car and can be a disaster for another. I haven't heard the CAS problem yet over here in Holland.

Why don't they test the new software on more different cars before they send it to their dealers? It starts too look like we are the guinnypigs for testing software and reporting problems.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:12 AM
JDN
Contributors

The CAS unit has to be specifically written to your VIN and your options. I secretly hope that the hold up is because BMW is leaning on the supplier to<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'> F-I-X </span>the software problems. Hope springs eternally in the hearts of E60 lovers. :'(
Old 10-26-2004, 04:24 AM
Contributors

Would this be a good time to complain about my smelly ac again?

Old 10-26-2004, 04:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Or people who are looking for wood on their lower dash????
Old 10-26-2004, 07:01 AM
JDN
Contributors

Well, the winds of fortune have changed with regard to my CAS unit. I called BMWUSA, and I don't know whether that played a part or not, but a solution to my problem has been found and my car is scheduled to be fixed tomorrow. Kerry of BMWUSA called back in about 10-15 minutes with the news after I filed the complaint with her.

Next, I called the service manager I talked to yesterday and he confirmed that the solution was to reprogram my unit via a CD. He told me yesterday that they had tried that once and it did not work. However, I believe the call to gdavis' service assistant turned up some more options.

Kerry could not tell me how the backlog of 165 CAS units was coming, but I believe that the reprogramming of existing units is probably the way to solve this problem. The service manager is checking, at my request, which version of software I will be getting.

PS: But I really don't care which version nor do I care about RDS and BMW Assist. I just want my V8 SMG back.

Quick Reply: JDN What is w/your software update?