E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've joined the squeak and rattle club

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

Suddenly last week for no apparent reason I noticed what many of you have heard...the dreaded squeak of the drivers door seals. I experimented and have found that by not fully closing the window (one smidge on the down button, not rock solid tight) the squeak dissipated. Now a week into this comedy I have noticed that this technique is not working as well.

Add to that, I'm now hearing similar sounds coming from passenger side.

Seems like I only hear this at 5-10 mph and less, going through parking lots, surface streets, etc., but not at any degree of neighborhood or highway speed.

Up until now I felt fortunate not to have had this issue, but now I'm a little pissed and frustrated that my $60+K car sounds like a boat. I bet it will get worse .

My drivers comfort seat headrest has started to squeak too.. :thumbsdown: I've adjusted up/down, moved the back rest forwards/backwards and it seems to be gone (for now?).

Does the cooler weather contribute to this?

Help!! What to do... I'm not looking froward to dealing with the dealer
Old 12-02-2005, 07:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i SMG, Dinan Flywheel, M Sport Kit Blk, Blk.

Originally Posted by 545i now' post='206445' date='Dec 2 2005, 08:07 PM
Suddenly last week for no apparent reason I noticed what many of you have heard...the dreaded squeak of the drivers door seals. I experimented and have found that by not fully closing the window (one smidge on the down button, not rock solid tight) the squeak dissipated. Now a week into this comedy I have noticed that this technique is not working as well.

Add to that, I'm now hearing similar sounds coming from passenger side.

Seems like I only hear this at 5-10 mph and less, going through parking lots, surface streets, etc., but not at any degree of neighborhood or highway speed.

Up until now I felt fortunate not to have had this issue, but now I'm a little pissed and frustrated that my $60+K car sounds like a boat. I bet it will get worse .

My drivers comfort seat headrest has started to squeak too.. :thumbsdown: I've adjusted up/down, moved the back rest forwards/backwards and it seems to be gone (for now?).

Old 12-02-2005, 08:17 PM
hmc
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i Sport Pkg, 6MT

I also have squeaks and rattles from rear seats/parcel shelf area. I fixed some. Dealer fixed one. I still hear some. Not completely fixed yet. I don't know if it's possible to fix all... Just plain ridiculous!
Old 12-02-2005, 08:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

Just browsed another board...this is a big topic there too. A member indicated that this is not a door seal issue, but its the window guides that are creaking. That would explain the remedy I've had by not closing the window completely tight. Comments....
Old 12-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545iA Jet Black, Black, Sport, Prem Sound, PDC, Rear sunshades, integrated phone, Sirius, Huper Optik tint, Euro Reflectors

It's extremely frustrating and disconcerting to have this issue in a high priced premium German sedan. There is no excuse as far as I'm concerned given the engineering and money spent to develop and build our cars. I can put up with the myriad iDrive warning messages, Dynamic Drive faults, Active Steering faults, given that a simple software upgrade can remedy these, but squeaks, flexing, etc can not simply be fixed. While I love the performance and driving experience, the seemingly endless amount of rattles makes me wonder what will happen in the longterm when my car is older than its current 2 years and 22K miles.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by 545i now' post='206445' date='Dec 2 2005, 10:07 PM

I think so. It got cooler in Houston, Texas, and next thing I heard, creeks from back and front passenger. But as soon as the sun heated up, the squeaks minized. My only remedy is to turn the music up. :thumbsdown:

It's visiting the dealer on 11/6/05. I'm making the list. . ..
Old 12-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

*SIGH*
Old 12-02-2005, 09:32 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='206475' date='Dec 2 2005, 10:11 PM
*SIGH*
Hey Bro.. any creaks, rattles or squeaks in your rig?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Just 2 a small tiny really / creak by the passenger door / footwell area, never was able to locate that but its small so dealer wont care and will says they cant hear it I know so I'm not going to bother with it... I can live with that. The other annoying one is the rear parcel shelf getting louder by the month... but no door seal rattle yet. *knock on wood* those are still good.

I try to take care of those... dry them off every time i wash the car and keep the door edges clean.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

The solution to all squeaks and rattles is ti turn the volume of the radio up to 11.

BTW, I have posted this solution before and no one but me seems to get it. Thats OK, I am used to being the only person that thinks I am funny.

Quick Reply: I've joined the squeak and rattle club