E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I've had it!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep it until the warrantly is about to expire, DR, and then make the guy who sold it to you sell you a new one, or some other model, for a good price. Mine makes me sort of mad, but I just keep taking it in for repairs. We should have waited a couple model years to buy, probably.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:36 PM
Members

Im sorry i havent followed your posts. After how many Kilometres did you start experiencing problems?
Old 02-25-2006, 08:42 AM
Senior Members

Sorry about all this, I know it must be incredibly frustrating!

Any chance of attempting to get BMW to replace with a later model 04 or 05 that is CPO'd? Perhaps a letter from your lawyer friend to BMW NA in NJ could start the process.

It just sucks that you save for your dream car that turns out to be a nightmare! I wish I could help!

Cheers
Old 02-25-2006, 09:05 AM
Members

Man, sorry your having all these problems! Actually, this concerns be a bit, I just bought an 06 530i and its
now been in the shop longer than I've had it in my possession. The idrive went belly up!

Good luck, hope you are able to derrive a satisfactory solution!
Old 02-25-2006, 09:16 AM
Contributors

Sorry to hear that. I would be upset too...
Old 02-25-2006, 09:19 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

I hear you. I have had a long list of problems including the replacement of my transmission. I never got the bluetooth to work and I still have remaining issues.
Funny thing though, every time I get to drive a little aggressive, I love the car again. I will try to avoid first year body style changes in the future though.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

Most important: What does your dealer say? He's the first link and you must keep him in the loop if you go for BMWNA, because they'll first go back to him.

It would seem to me that if all these problems have been covered under warranty, at no cost (other than time and frustration) to you, there isn't much of a case for YOU to argue. It should be your dealer who steps up and arranges some resititution by way of a replacment. This may involve a lawyer, but I would always work first with the dealer, copying him on all NA correspondence; and then, if he shuts you out, try another one, if possible, but NA is going to be loathe to deal with you directly.

I had a similar situation with a new MB e190 that had drastic problems, some occurring WHILE AT THE DEALER! After MB reviewed the car several times, the dealership owner himself called me to say that he wanted to make it up to me whenever I was ready to trade.

I did so by going back to BMWs and purchasing a new 535iS 5 speed, before the MB 50K warranty ran out.

Good luck, and I shudder, with a builddate only a month or two past yours. :'(

Ray Hull
Old 02-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by drjochen' post='245685' date='Feb 24 2006, 09:58 PM
I am definitely not a troll, but a big BMW fan. I have had 6 BMWs over the past 20 years....

Honestly, I don't know what to do. Lemon won't work.

I wouldn't sell it to a private person, I am too honest for this stuff.

I am looking into the Infiiti M35, the Lexus GS 300, but I am not sooo rich that I can simply buy a new car and take the financial hit - I had saved for my "dream car" I currently drive for 4 years.

Audi scares me a bit, one of my colleagues has an A6 - he had a loaner since Thanksgiving weekend now.... they can't fix the engine/transmission problem he has.
I too am very sorry about all your problems. I don't think you have any great choices. Being honest, you probably will have qualms about ever getting rid of the car since, even on a trade-in, someone will end up with your car. I am sorry to say it, but your best hope is for someone to steal the car and make it disappear or to trash it beyond belief. Darn!!! And, good luck.
Old 02-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Thanks - I really really appreciate your support. I have had BMW NA in the loop for a while and they are very slow to respond ( 2 weeks to call back...), but I have not given up. I left my contact a not so nice voice mail today...
I would love to get another BMW but can I really trust it?
I don't know at this moment. I just want to have a car that works
Judging from all the problems people report here (yeah, I know, we are quite anal...), I don't know if it will get any better. I am just so tired of all this........
Old 02-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Senior Members

Hang in there - I'm sure your car is fine. These e60's just worry us all the time because of the crappy f*ckin i-drive.

They are the "car that cried wolf" hardly and mechanical problems - just loads of software b*llocks

Don't get a MB - your right they ARE for old people