E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

iPod Music

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 03:55 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Yes, its nearly the same as modmynav adaption, I just can't think of the name at the moemnt. Its a little cheaper in price and works well.
Tony I hope when you remember to please put that info down because I have the the modmynav and I cannot get it to work properly!
Old 11-07-2013, 02:29 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by Chief Holley
Tony I hope when you remember to please put that info down because I have the the modmynav and I cannot get it to work properly!
I'll have a look this afternoon and let you know. If you have modmynav, then I understand that is actually a better unit than what I have but is quite a bit more money. What problems are you having with it?
Old 11-07-2013, 07:04 PM
Members

Well to start, the installation guide is crappy, I cannot switch the unit back over to the regular screen once I hold the center button down for vide and I am still fighting with my rear view camera which doesn't want to come on. Once you put all that stuff inside your dash, it is a PITA to get it all close up because you have so much extra stuff back down. I assume that I chopped up the camera power wire out of frustration of not getting the head unit back in!
Old 11-08-2013, 02:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by Chief Holley
Well to start, the installation guide is crappy, I cannot switch the unit back over to the regular screen once I hold the center button down for vide and I am still fighting with my rear view camera which doesn't want to come on. Once you put all that stuff inside your dash, it is a PITA to get it all close up because you have so much extra stuff back down. I assume that I chopped up the camera power wire out of frustration of not getting the head unit back in!
XCARLINK out of the UK is what I ordered. You would have the same problem with this unit because they all cut short on the harness. I think if it was longer you would have more flexibility to fit everything a little better. Mine I hold down the nav for three sec. and then just a single press to toggle through and continue to come out. It's like a loop, I think. Not sure about your camera because your unit is a little different in that area. I would check to see if you are getting power to it when in rev. You could always check the rca cable with a new one or even call the seller. I hear they are pretty good to respond. I have my unit behind my screen so it's easy to access.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:53 AM
Members

Yeah, maybe it's just that I'm still a newbie when it comes to installs, more so with the radio! I will contact them, maybe they have solutions because I am all out.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:02 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Tony, mind sharing what that XCarlink unit cost you? Ease of install? Ease of toggling between OEM idrive and the XCarlink interface? I'm looking for something I can hook an ipod/iphone up to and run movies on during road trips for passengers. Already have AUX input installed, just need a video interface that won't break the bank. have an '04 with CCC. thanks.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:19 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KyleB
Tony, mind sharing what that XCarlink unit cost you? Ease of install? Ease of toggling between OEM idrive and the XCarlink interface? I'm looking for something I can hook an ipod/iphone up to and run movies on during road trips for passengers. Already have AUX input installed, just need a video interface that won't break the bank. have an '04 with CCC. thanks.
For you Kyle, Sure! I got it from ebay and out of the UK. They normally have a best offer and I just low balled it and they returned with 200.00. Others have done the same for 200. The unit will allow for a backup camera but you can get this on ebay for 15.00. The unit is easy to operate and allows for several video connections. CIC you hold down Nav and Mask you hold down menu for like 3 sec and the idrive screen changes to aux. You can now watch video while driving. Here is the link but it looks like they are out of stock at the moment

BMW iDrive Multimedia Video Interface :: BMW :: XCarLink