E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

ipod aux in glovebox

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

My Aux input install including parts and labor was only $150. Paying for four hours of labor is definitely nuts. I would question your dealer's ability.

lilazngrl408, I'm wondering if your dealer installed the input in a peculiar location that is causing this problem. It should be right where the glovebox flashlight is located. That's where they installed it on my 545 and I had no problems closing the glovebox. Hey, if you come out to the dinner next Thu, we can help you with this if it hasn't been resolved by then.

BTW, what model iPod do you have? I have a couple of brand new Griffin AirClick remote controls that I'm not using. I used to leave my iPod in the glove and control the iPod with the remote. The only thing is you can't select play lists.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i Jet Blk, Blk Int, SMG, Sport, Nav, Prem, CW Pack, L7, PDC

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='506197' date='Dec 12 2007, 08:52 PM
My Aux input install including parts and labor was only $150. Paying for four hours of labor is definitely nuts. I would question your dealer's ability.

lilazngrl408, I'm wondering if your dealer installed the input in a peculiar location that is causing this problem. It should be right where the glovebox flashlight is located. That's where they installed it on my 545 and I had no problems closing the glovebox. Hey, if you come out to the dinner next Thu, we can help you with this if it hasn't been resolved by then.

BTW, what model iPod do you have? I have a couple of brand new Griffin AirClick remote controls that I'm not using. I used to leave my iPod in the glove and control the iPod with the remote. The only thing is you can't select play lists.

i bought the car with the aux input already installed so I didn't pay to have it added in after the fact

it's located next to the flashlight (i've seen pictures of others and it seems to be the spot where most dealers install it). i haven't given it another shot today, but i'll play around with it tomorrow. if it doesn't get fixed by next thurs, i'll let you know. i'm using the ipod nano. not the new ones, but the super flat skinny ones with the color screens. i think it's the 2nd gen nano.

Not sure what the griffin airclick remote is, but i'll have to look into it. if you're no using them and don't mind donating, i may go that route if i can't figure it out within the next couple of days.

Thanks!!
Old 12-12-2007, 09:58 PM
Contributors

The AirClick is an RF remote. It allows you to remotely control pause, play, ffwd, rewind, volume up and down without having to aim the remote at the receiver which mounts on the iPod (RF signals). Unfortunately, I'm looking at the package and it doesn't list the Nano.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Members

I actually have 2 ipods. I use the nano when i work out and was trying it out in the 5 the other day since my big fatty ipod video is in my s2k and my gym bag was in the car. does it work with the video ipod? i think i have the 20gb one.. Thx ECF!
Old 12-13-2007, 10:27 AM
Contributors

I'm not sure. Does it have a headphone jack at the top? I might have to look at it. I have a video iPod also and the AirClick didn't work with mine. I'm not sure if that's the case with all video iPods.

Are you coming out next Thu? I'm trying to confirm headcount to finalize dinner reservations and menu. Can you reconfirm on that thread? http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...75&start=75

You can bring a friend if you want; I just need a headcount.

Tony
Old 12-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='506418' date='Dec 13 2007, 11:27 AM
I'm not sure. Does it have a headphone jack at the top? I might have to look at it. I have a video iPod also and the AirClick didn't work with mine. I'm not sure if that's the case with all video iPods.

Are you coming out next Thu? I'm trying to confirm headcount to finalize dinner reservations and menu. Can you reconfirm on that thread? http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...75&start=75

You can bring a friend if you want; I just need a headcount.

Tony
i actually have a 30gb video ipod. brought it in to update some songs on it.

as for thurs, i'm still trying working out my schedule. i've been having a pretty busy week at work so i haven't had much time to make the effort in moving things around to make it out on time.

i'll let you know asap. if you need a final headcount before i can get back to you, just exclude me and i'll meet up after for drinks or something.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Contributors

I also have a 30G video iPod and probably the same as yours. If it's the same, the AirClick doesn't work and actually, the AirClick is discontinued. There's another RF remote unit that I have for the video iPod but I forgot the brand. Doesn't work as well as the AirClick though.

Anyway, yeah, if you can't make dinner, you must join us for drinks.