E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Colours

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 01:03 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jorge' date='Sep 3 2003, 04:27 PM
yes but in the USA there seems to be a color code choice only
I hope when i order the new 525i, my sales person won't tell me that i can only order specific colors in certain interior colors
Actually in the U.S. we have allways been able to get any of the AVAILABLE interior colors with any exterior color as long as we order the car and wait a few months to get it. For example, in the U.S. E60 brochure it shows that the Silver Gray exterior is only available with gray and black interior, but if someone wanted to order and E60 and wait for delivery they could also choose the other colors (beige or auburn). The dealers could also choose other than the recommended color combos for some of their allocations, so it is sometimes possible to find mixed interior/exteror colors on dealership lots.
It becomes more complex if you want to order interior options that are generally NOT available in the US. I wanted to order a suede/cloth interior that was available in Europe for my 95 M3 and BMW NA did not let me do that so I had to get the leather which was available in the US. Then in 1997 I requested the European velour interior for my 528i and BMW NA accepted my order with no problem. In 2001 I wanted the European cloth interior for my X5 and again BMW NA denied my order (I had to get leather again). My experience with BMW of North America is that they have a very unstable special order policy or department. It depends on who is working there at the time, if they are willing to do the extra work for the order, the timing of the order, etc. But unless they have changed their policy you should be able to order any interior/exterior color combos, as long as they are shown in the brochure (regardless of the recommended combos).

rodybmw
Old 09-04-2003, 05:47 PM
Members

RodyBMW, THANKS!!! for the great info!!! seems like you know a lot of info about BMWs. does your knowledge know anything about the CIS screen showing the temperature numbers in degrees in the screen besides the already limited writen one around the driver and passanger temp dails??? i seen a lot of European pics not showing this except for an A next to the pic on the little sideways guy( thinking its an A for Auto ) but i sure hope the USA version shows the temp also degitally, any info on this???
Old 09-05-2003, 05:16 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Jorge' date='Sep 4 2003, 07:47 PM
does your knowledge know anything about the CIS screen showing the temperature numbers in degrees in the screen besides the already limited writen one around the driver and passanger temp dails???
Pardon me, but why must you see the temperature in digital numbers? On the temp dials you can see the current temperature, and if you are freezing you just turn it to warmer! When I am driving I use to change the temperature if I am dissatisfied with the temperature in the air, not after what numbers/degrees of temperature the display is showing...

Take care!

Old 09-05-2003, 07:26 PM
Members

because it makes sence to have that feature also! why guess and spend time to think what temp number you have when a quick digital read out will tell you in a split second. it's common sence

Thanks!