E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Colours

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 04:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Has anyone seen the Amethyst or Truffle Brown leather interior colours??
I have a pre-ordered 530i currently specified with black interior (Silver Grey exterior) but I am nervous about staying with the black interior as it appears very stark and uninteresting.
Auburn leather looks better, but it's a bit of an acquired taste, I think
Cromwell
Old 08-26-2003, 02:19 PM
Members

I?ve seen them both and I can?t really say I like either one of them.
The Amethyst leather is grey with a slight very subtle touch of pink.
Truffle brown is light brown/greyish.

The best colors with silver grey is in my opinion beige or black depending on if you like a dark or light colored interior.
I?ve seen both and they both look good.
I belive silvergrey would look very bland with amehtyst. Also, I don?t think that exterior color would go well with Truffle brown.

My personal favorite interior with silvergrey is beige.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:50 PM
gary

I too like your beige interior but this may not be an option for the US. If you were to choose black interior with silver grey would you go for the anthicite maple or dark poplar wood trim?
Old 08-30-2003, 06:38 AM
Members

Thanks Beemer and Gary.
I have the beige interior on Comos Black metallic E39 at the moment.
Previously had Grey leather on dark metallic blue E39 touring/sportwagon.
Running out of ideas because new colours don't look much good to me.
Am off to France next week and will try to visit a couple of BMW showrooms!
Old 08-31-2003, 07:12 PM
Members

When BMW showed pictures of the new E60 BMW with the silver grey exterior and the beigh interior it totally made sence to me, it totally looks beautiful. I currently own an E39 525i in black with the beigh interior. in a few months my l want keep my current E39 525i and also add to my house an E60 just like BMW shows in most of the pics, Silver grey with beigh. I Just recently looked at the color options for the USA E60 models and the silver grey with beigh interior is not an option or any other grey exterior colors. Why is BMW of North america not offering this new model like all the press release color combinations? I am hoping that I will still be able to special order my new 525i in Silver grey with the beigh dakota leather like I been wanting to get it for the past few months. I currently own a black BMW and I think that the new E60 looks better in lighter colors. I just don'y want to get the silver grey with the stark Black leather or the dull Grey. Silver with black or grey should not be ordered. someone at BMW really made a mistake about not letting us order the cars just how we really want them. HINT HINT Mercedes Benz offers the E-Class in silver and grey exterior colors with the beigh or sand interior leathers
Old 09-01-2003, 01:32 PM

Yes the silver grey paint on beige leather is a great combo. That's the combo I will order for my 5. But you can never go wrong with black interior. Anyone who tells you its boring is probably jealous. Besides, its good for the long term because black interiors don't show dirt or wear and tear like lighter colors do.

I live in a very hot area where black interiors are not practical. Otherwise I would definitely go for a dark interior.

By the way, definitely spend the extra $$$ and go for the climate controlled seats (with perforated Nasca leather). Those seats are the most comfortable and coolest (literally) in the industry. I didn't want to get out of the car once I sat on them.

z
Old 09-01-2003, 03:18 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Sep 1 2003, 03:32 PM
But you can never go wrong with black interior.? Anyone who tells you its boring is probably jealous.?
I don't like black interiors because they hide all the details and lines of the interior design. Everything blends into each other and I don't like that. With the availability of 2 or sometimes 3 tone interiors I will take those over black anyday. Jealous? No, just different tastes. I have ordered all my past BMW's in advance so I could have ordered them with black interiors if I wanted to, but I just don't like black. With the E60's available interior colors for the U.S. models I like the gray first and then the beige. I also like the Auburn from Johoog's pictures, but I think I'll get tired of it fast and I don't like the black (or dark brown) second tone (doors, floor, etc.). From the available E60 interior colors the one and only color that I will absolutely NOT order is the Black. Again, all of this is just MY opinion. If you like the Black interior then go for it, and enjoy!

rodybmw
Old 09-02-2003, 08:46 AM
Members

Talking

The question of the climate controlled seats requiring Nasca leather is interesting. Unfortunately, since I am a devotee of the Sports Seats, this is not an option. Since black leather regrettably looks like being my spec. I am ordering the Climate Comfort Laminated Glass (with infra-red filter) to try to keep seat temperatures down a bit in summer!! Anyone experienced this?

By the way, in the UK you can order ANY interior colour with Silver Grey exterior.

Cromwell
Old 09-03-2003, 02:08 AM
Senior Members

Yes, in the UK you can order any interior colour with any exterior colour. Dealers often don't or won't tell you this though.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:27 PM
Members

yes but in the USA there seems to be a color code choice only
I hope when i order the new 525i, my sales person won't tell me that i can only order specific colors in certain interior colors

Quick Reply: Interior Colours