E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Interesting observation on seat belt chime!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 06:53 AM
ipp
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

I don't think it's up to each individual. In my country we are paying all hospital costs with our tax. And I'm NOT interested in paying for the sucker's hospital costs after an accident when he wasn't wearing seat belt. How difficult can it be??????? Really?
Old 05-24-2005, 09:18 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaron' date='May 24 2005, 07:28 AM
There is a weight sensor in the front seat and thank God for it, because that is actually what I design and it has kept us in business and will for years to come (Thanks NHTSA!!!).

I like the flashing of the message in Idrive idea, but then that would annoy people too.? There is no pleasing everyone, so why even try.? This has been a topic of conversation from early on, and many of us are still getting the car, so it can't be too bad.?

Saurabh, you could have put the box in the back seat (unless it wouldn't fit or your kids were back there), but as far as coming up with a better idea, it's not up to BMW to come up with a better idea to prevent annoyance, they have to meet NHTSA standards to sell vehicles in the US.? One of the things they have to do is warn passengers to put on their safety belt, and let them know the airbag will or will not go off (no one has spoken about the light lately...is it still on when no one's there, is it still annoying to anyone?)? They don't have to ring the chime all day long, but they must actively warn the passenger.? This is not a BMW thing.? I rented a Ford Taurus a while back and it was just as bad.? My wife had a bac habit of putting her seatbelt on once in motion.? After renting the Taurus, she had been trained to put the damn seatbelt on or get upset with the seat chime.? She couldn't stand the chime, so it really did train her to put it on right when she got into the car.? To that I would say...Good dog, good girl!!! ? ?
[snapback]132635[/snapback]
nicely said

I also have a Ford E250 cargo van that we use for our business, and if you think BMW chime was bad, in this van as soon as you sit in the van the chime starts barking (even when the van is in PARKED mode ) . Oh well, I don't complain because after all it is a proven fact that seatbelts do save lives