E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Input needed on new tires!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012 | 05:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Sport, 6 Speed Auto, Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Leather Interior, Anthracite Wood Trim, HUD, PCD, Navi, Logic 7, Fold Down Rear Seat, Sunshades, Rear DVD Headrests

Originally Posted by BMW535xia
the A/S Michelin pilot sports do not seem to work well on our cars, premature wear and limited warranty on staggered set-ups...what i have read before and after i purchased. my dws contis >>> $556 delivered --- Mich A/S pilot >>> $800+ [as i recall] i paid $750 with install, road force balance, and laser f/r alignment.
Thanks BMW535xia, I will definitely stay away from the AS. Looks like you got a good deal BTW
Old 03-28-2012 | 05:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Sport, 6 Speed Auto, Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Leather Interior, Anthracite Wood Trim, HUD, PCD, Navi, Logic 7, Fold Down Rear Seat, Sunshades, Rear DVD Headrests

Originally Posted by s2murse
I usually get the Continental Exteme Contact DW which are great tires overall. I then got a hold of some Hankooks VentusV12 EVO, all I can say so far regarding the Hankooks are wow! Great tires for the price. The Michelins are ok.
I have been reading that some people really like the V12 evo?s. How many miles do you have on them s2murse? How?s comfort and performance in your opinion? How are they in the rain? Thanks
Old 03-28-2012 | 05:12 PM
Members

Originally Posted by luilui41
I've had the Continentals on my 06 550i (245/35/19 front and 275/30/19 rear) for about 3 months now and so far so good, grip is awesome, very quiet, they have a good warranty, and for that price idk how much better the michelins could be
Nice, thanks for the input luilui41. Glad to hear they are very quiet and they grip well. Appreciate the info
Old 03-28-2012 | 05:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by rafichicago
I have just put 20" on my car, so the choice is limited. I went with bridgestone potenza re760a's. Very happy by now. I will see how will those do after thread degrade a bit. Very quiet though and quite grippy. Gl with any choice u make. I would not buy any brand like falken nexen or cooper. Would not risk safety for savings. Mine and my family. Tires are the only think keeping you on the road.
Thanks rafichicago. Agree with you on the three brands. I have never used them on any of my other vehicles and will probably stick to one of the three I mentioned. The car stickered at over 70, why cheap it out on a bad (should say less expensive/lower performance) set of tires when you won?t have full enjoyment of what the ride offers?
Old 03-28-2012 | 05:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by balbs
I've had Continental DWS for about a year now and I like them. The threads on them are still full and I enjoy a nice quiet ride even on 20"s. When these go out, I would try the DW just to see how they are since there isn't much snow here in Los Angeles.
Balbs, don?t rub it in about all the snow you guys get there in LA. I actually don?t mind driving in it here in Chicago; it?s just the idiots on the road I dislike. My winter set handled great I thought the three times it snowed ?
Old 03-28-2012 | 05:49 PM
Members

Originally Posted by stock545i
Running DWS on my 545i and excellent tire so far! Zero issues just keep tire pressure around 36-37psi...to avoid any flat spotting.

Will be getting the DW for the M in summer.
Appreciate the info and PSI tip stock545i!
Old 03-28-2012 | 05:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BMW535xia
the A/S Michelin pilot sports do not seem to work well on our cars, premature wear and limited warranty on staggered set-ups...what i have read before and after i purchased. my dws contis >>> $556 delivered --- Mich A/S pilot >>> $800+ [as i recall] i paid $750 with install, road force balance, and laser f/r alignment.
To clarify, I had the Michelin Pilot Super Sports (
Amazon Amazon
), not the A/S pilots. Different tires. I really like the conti DWS I have on the rear's now. In 9k miles, the rear super sports looked like this: and that was with 2 alignments done over the time period the tires were on the car, so the alignment was perfect (-2 camber rear).
Attached Thumbnails Input needed on new tires!-img_0874.jpg   Input needed on new tires!-img_0875.jpg  
Old 03-29-2012 | 05:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i M Sport

Originally Posted by dantheman1
To clarify, I had the Michelin Pilot Super Sports (http://www.amazon.com/Michelin-Pilot...sim_sbs_auto_5), not the A/S pilots. Different tires. I really like the conti DWS I have on the rear's now. In 9k miles, the rear super sports looked like this: and that was with 2 alignments done over the time period the tires were on the car, so the alignment was perfect (-2 camber rear).
How many burnouts on this setup? Seriously. I own 545 for 5 years now. My tires have never looked like this. I have done 60k miles. I am on my third set.
Old 03-29-2012 | 11:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Manual Trans, M-Sport, Logic 7, Nav, Comfort Access, Cold Weather, Folding Rear Seats

Just put the Pilot Super Sports on my 08 550. Love 'em!!!
Old 03-29-2012 | 12:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i

Just ordered Continental DW tires and Miro 111's, heard a lot of good things about Conti's low noise and good grip. Should receive them in a week or so.

Quick Reply: Input needed on new tires!