E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

INPA Codes I can't figure out

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 316 Likes on 303 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i M54
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54

I have heard people having issues after replacing the intake manifold gasket. Mostly by not no plugging something back in or cracking an old vacuum hose. I have a M54 engine so wen I did mine I just replace the old hoses. I have a real rough idle but I just left something unplugged at the end of the sequence. Once I plugged it back in everything ran well. If you were not having the issue before the change I would definitely go over my work to verify everything is bolted down correctly and all plugs are clipped in all the way. If it fixes itself then I am thinking about a vacuum leak somewhere
Old 03-18-2017, 02:14 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i

Originally Posted by seanjordan20
I have heard people having issues after replacing the intake manifold gasket. Mostly by not no plugging something back in or cracking an old vacuum hose. I have a M54 engine so wen I did mine I just replace the old hoses. I have a real rough idle but I just left something unplugged at the end of the sequence. Once I plugged it back in everything ran well. If you were not having the issue before the change I would definitely go over my work to verify everything is bolted down correctly and all plugs are clipped in all the way. If it fixes itself then I am thinking about a vacuum leak somewhere
As to the 2C24 Code = Lambda proben in front of catalytic converter, muddled...does this mean that one of my O2 Sensors is bad? Or interchanged accidentally? I don't remember touching them.

As to the rest, it seems as though my starter is bad, coils are bad and battery is good. So I'm going to change coils & starter.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 316 Likes on 303 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i M54
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54

Yes it means there is a connection issue just before the cat. Check the O2 sensor wire at the connection. It bad replace.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i

Originally Posted by seanjordan20
Yes it means there is a connection issue just before the cat. Check the O2 sensor wire at the connection. It bad replace.
Hi Sean. Quick question. I'm having oil leaking onto sparks plugs on the empty gap areas on the outside of the valve cover between where the coils drop in. I feel like this is causing the coils to malfunction.

In your opinion is this due to a leak on the cover itself? Or perhaps it's that I need to relearn the valvetronic motor using Ista-D?

Also, if i let the car run for a while, the cat gets red hot and glaring.

Last edited by BemveE60; 04-06-2017 at 11:24 PM.