E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I'm sick of Japanese cars and my friend!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 09:17 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by BurgessMW' date='May 3 2005, 09:27 AM
Why don't you just let him read this article, subtley point out that Acura doesn't even make a car that could be compared fairly then point out this quote:

"A quick glance at the results shows they traded points back and forth, the 545i edging the M45 in some areas, the Infiniti fighting back in others.? The performance ratings are nearly dead even, while on the subjective side, the BMW pulls ahead in the driving-related categories only to lose ground for it's styling, comfort and ergonomics.? That said, the 545i remains the enthusiast's choice for any kind of serious road work.? Of our three, it's still the fastest, best handling and most satisfying car to drive.? But with cars like the Infiniti M45 offering a more balanced sport/luxury solution for less money, being fastest is no longer enough."

Might be a bit much to point out that every one knows chicks dig BMWs more than Acuras...? ? Nah, say that too!?
[snapback]123417[/snapback]
And when I do MY subjective ratings on the interior and exterior styling then the 5er comes out way on top all else left as is. The 5 is sexy and bold and others are bland variations of the same old stuff from these guys.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Just tell your friends that they have great rides and all, but you just too much money to be driving A's, L's, I's. A Seiko watch will perform as well as a Rolex, but a Rolex is a Rolex. period.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by wolverine' date='May 3 2005, 09:55 AM
Check out the latest issue of R&T, they rate the 545 2nd after the M45, but ahead of the RL.? Everyone agrees the 545 is the best 'drivers car', and that should tell you all you need to know.? BMW's are driver's cars, they can't compete with the Japanese on reliability or 'high tech goodies'.? But if you want the best car to drive, it's the 545, no doubt.

I think it's interesting that people try to say a car is 'better' than another.? That's like saying one person is 'better' than another.? Unless you're comparing an absolute scumbag to a saint, it really comes down to what you think is important.
[snapback]123441[/snapback]
I couldn't agree more with this statement. Many people just love their Lexii. They have no interest in the handling capabilities of a BMW and prefer the quiet interior appointment. I wouldn't drive that sofa on wheels if you paid me to.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i, Steptronic, coldweather, comfort seats, Logic 7, front/rear seat heaters, navigation. sirius

Originally Posted by wolverine' date='May 3 2005, 11:55 AM
Check out the latest issue of R&T, they rate the 545 2nd after the M45, but ahead of the RL.? Everyone agrees the 545 is the best 'drivers car', and that should tell you all you need to know.? BMW's are driver's cars, they can't compete with the Japanese on reliability or 'high tech goodies'.? But if you want the best car to drive, it's the 545, no doubt.

I think it's interesting that people try to say a car is 'better' than another.? That's like saying one person is 'better' than another.? Unless you're comparing an absolute scumbag to a saint, it really comes down to what you think is important.
I believe the third car in that R&T comparo was a Lexus GS430, not an Acura RL.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i, Olivin Green, w/Sports Package, basic stereo, chrome wheels, tinted windows, Bluetooth enabled with Moto V710 (Verizon), Sirius Sat Radio (aftermarket), Auxiliary Input for Ipod.

Who gives a phuck!! It's an opinion and that's ok. I have a Lexus GS300 and love it. i have a 545i and I love it. So which one is better? You can't compare a $42K car with a $65K car. One is a sports car with sedan undertones and the other is a sedan with sports car undertones. Apples and oranges...yada yada yada, etc.

I love my BMW and the way it drives. When I take it into the shop for maintenance or repairs, I'm sure I'l love the Lexus more because it will be cheaper.

After its all said and done, i drive the car FOR ME and I could careless what Car and Driver thinks or what someone's friend thinks. If my friend can afford to drive a Lexus, then I congratulate him for being able to do so. I'm not about to go brag what I have or what I can afford to drive either. Be happy with what you got. You don't need to justify your purchase to anyone but yourself. Period. End of story.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i, Steptronic, coldweather, comfort seats, Logic 7, front/rear seat heaters, navigation. sirius

Originally Posted by teriyaki88' date='May 3 2005, 07:04 PM
...When I take it into the shop for maintenance or repairs, I'm sure I'l love the Lexus more because it will be cheaper.
Cheaper than free maintenance?
Old 05-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BurgessMW' date='May 3 2005, 05:34 PM
[quote name='wolverine' date='May 3 2005, 11:55 AM']Check out the latest issue of R&T, they rate the 545 2nd after the M45, but ahead of the RL.? Everyone agrees the 545 is the best 'drivers car', and that should tell you all you need to know.? BMW's are driver's cars, they can't compete with the Japanese on reliability or 'high tech goodies'.? But if you want the best car to drive, it's the 545, no doubt.

I believe the third car in that R&T comparo was a Lexus GS430, not an Acura RL.
[snapback]123621[/snapback]
[/quote]

There were 5 or six cars in the comparo, Acura, Lexus, Audi, Jag, BMW, Infiniti, maybe a couple others. The 545 finished 2nd.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Senior Members

I couldn't agree more with this statement.? Many people just love their Lexii.? They have no interest in the handling capabilities of a BMW and prefer the quiet interior appointment.? I wouldn't drive that sofa on wheels if you paid me to.
[snapback]123566[/snapback]
hahahaha...lol
Old 05-03-2005, 06:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I think it's a useless argument to compare a Lexus or Acura to a BMW.

I love Acura and Lexus. I had one of each.

I had a 1994 Acura Legend Coupe, and absolutely adored the car.
I had a 1999 Lexus RX300 and loved that car as well.
My parents have an LS400 and an ES330. And I always loved driving the LS400 on the open highway for long trips. So smooth, you are just isolated from the road.... like on a cushion of air.

But my current E60 is not even close to a comparison. It is a car in a completely different class altogether. Nothing Acura or Lexus offers can compare, nor should they be compared.

Acura doesn't offer a V8 engine, to my knowledge. When I was buying my current car, I decided that my primary goal was to get a V8 engine. So, as much as I love Acura.... I had to move on because of the engine offering.
Instantly, Acura is out of the picture.

I have not been as fond of Acura ever since 1996, when they cancelled the Legend. The Acura Legend Coupe was their pinnacle, and nothing they have released since has the same visual appeal.

Lexus offers a V8... but how could anyone begin to argue that a Lexus is a performance vehicle worthy of comparison to BMW? That's ridiculous. Lexus are pure, simple, luxury cars. Their marketing campaign had always been centered on the quietness of the interior, the softness of the ride, etc.... qualities which fly in the face of outright performance.

Not only this.... but BMW just exudes class unlike Acura and Lexus. I will use this example:

My brother recently had his wedding in Palm Beach, FL. As many of you probably know, Palm Beach is like the exotic car capital of the East Coast.... if not the world.
There is a hotel there called The Breakers, which is one of the world's leading resort hotels. We stayed there for the weekend, and the valets kept my 545i parked out in front of the entrance all weekend with a Bentley and an Aston-Martin.
Notice they didn't keep an Acura or Lexus out front....
Old 05-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i silver

Originally Posted by saurabh' date='May 2 2005, 06:56 PM
I so desperatly need to shut him up.? HELP?
[snapback]123118[/snapback]

This is repetetive and I have said this before and will say so again
if you want....
First class electronics.......buy Japanese
First class/brut Power......buy American
First class engineering.....buy German
First class exotics............buy Italian

Quick Reply: I'm sick of Japanese cars and my friend!!!