E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

IF YOU HAD THE OPTION TO ADD/CHANGE AN OPTION IN YOUR E60...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 07:38 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

As mentioned, Comfort Seats will replace the sports seats in the sport package for 07 production (which starts in March). Also HD Radio will be available - I would get this over Sirius in a heartbeat as the sound quality of Sirius is very disappointing IMHO.

Rumor has it the HUD is very nice. I skipped it because I didn't care for the distraction nor what it did to the look of the dash. Everyone who has it seems to like it however.

Sport seats are wonderful once you are in them - but as you know, you have to sit down into them and getting in and out gets to be a chore. Both of my friends with BMW sports seats said that this was their biggest gripe with them. The comfort seats do not have this problem.

As you probably know, PDC is now standard.

I love comfort access - my only complaint is that I often have to fish for the remote to lock the door as I have not gotten the hang of locking it by touching the handle - it normally takes me two tries and therefore I find it easier to get the key out. But for ease of getting in (including the trunk) it can not be beat.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Gadgets' post='229063
2. Should I get the HUD ?
I have HUD on my Z06 and don't use it to do anything but display MPH. I would not miss the HUD at all.

Originally Posted by Gadgets' post='229063
Look at my sig. for the other options I have (pretty much everything...) - what would you get ? am I forgetting something ?
I didn't look at your sig, but nav, Logic7/Premium Sound/6 CD changer, and SIRIUS are indispensible to me. Happy ordering.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:10 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xi ED 7/1/2005. Silver Grey, Black Leather, Premium Package, Cold Weather, Sport, Logic 7, 18'' style 123 rims.

Option # 1 - European Delivery, which is an unbelievable experience.

Option # 2 - Rear sun-shade...which is th eonly thing that I do actually regret not getting.

Good Luck in your quest for the perfect car. The 2007 M5 sounds like a good bet!
Old 01-25-2006, 07:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

Add rear sun-shades. It also gives the manual shades on the rear doors. Works great, specially if you have kids. Besides, in sunny FL, you will find a use for it.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 550i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, Active Steering, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, HUD, Alpine White on Black Dakota & a Big Grin ;-) <---- On the vessel from Germany... ******** '05 545i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, UUC EVOIII SSK, Silver Gray on Black Dakota..... (Buy back by BMW NA)

Originally Posted by 5inally!!!' post='229367' date='Jan 25 2006, 11:10 AM
Option # 1 - European Delivery, which is an unbelievable experience.

Option # 2 - Rear sun-shade...which is th eonly thing that I do actually regret not getting.

Good Luck in your quest for the perfect car. The 2007 M5 sounds like a good bet!

I want to have it, maybe on the M5, not on the 550... I'll be in Germany for business at the end of the Year so it might be a good timing...

Rear sunshades I had in my Audi and since I put the tint on I've never used it again...

Old 01-25-2006, 11:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 750Li M sport

Check my signature for my options. The only thing I would consider not getting is the active steering, although I like it for its comfort and convenience. However, I think it does take away some of the classic BMW feel although the feel is still great. This is one option that I don't think I would have missed having.

Comfort access and HUD are really nice options that I love and enjoy everytime I drive the car. HUD with navigation is fantastic.

Comfort seats are another option I am glad I got. I like the seats ability to articulate the upper portion of the seat forward and backward to position the headrest in a comfortable position so that my head can actually rest on the head rest. The sport seats I have tried in the e60 would not support the head. The side bolsters can be adjusted for a tight fit or loose fit.

Even though I live in a warm climate, I wish I had gotten the cold weather package due to the much thicker steering wheel that comes with it. I am not totally satisfied with the steering wheel thickness of the non heated steering wheel. This makes me wonder why with the sport package they don't offer a sportier steering wheel as with my e39's M steering wheel with the thick thumb knobs or whatever you call them. That was a really nice steering wheel compared to what comes on the 550 sport. I will say this though, the thinner steering wheel does not diminish the driving enjoyment of the car.

I don't think active cruise control is something worth getting, especially at over $2000. I prefer to be in control of all aspects of my car.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 525, Dec 2003, Silver Grey, Black Dakota Leather, Bluetooth, Satnav, 18'' Runflats, Sunroof, Folding mirrors, Automatic

Sunroof is always a must for me (even in England!). Interior is light & it is nice to get a bit of air occasionally.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Originally Posted by BMWJIMT' post='229532' date='Jan 25 2006, 12:42 PM
Sunroof is always a must for me (even in England!). Interior is light & it is nice to get a bit of air occasionally.
I think sunroof/moonroof comes standard on e60 in the US
Old 01-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Mystic Blue 530i, beige/poplar wood interior, steptronic transmission, prem, sport, & sound pkgs, comfort seats, pdc, all weather mats, red reflectors, NAV, ACC, HUD, satellite radio, heated rear seats, rear sunshade, cold weather pkg, active steering

Still not sure about ACC. When others cut in front of you, ACC has to readjust distance. Drivers behind hate the fact that you have so much space between you and the vehicle in front. I am glad I ordered it because I was already wishing I had it on my previous purchase. Just wish I could use it as conventional cruise when/if I want.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:58 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i Titanium gray poplar l Sports package l Logic 7 l PDC NAV l sunshades l chromed 124's l ski bag l euro tint

Rear sunshades, split rear seat, pro nav, PDC, HUD, Logic-7, and active cruise control. All are indispensable from my point of view since I use them at different times and find them useful. I would miss them all.

Quick Reply: IF YOU HAD THE OPTION TO ADD/CHANGE AN OPTION IN YOUR E60...