E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

IF YOU HAD THE OPTION TO ADD/CHANGE AN OPTION IN YOUR E60...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 550i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, Active Steering, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, HUD, Alpine White on Black Dakota & a Big Grin ;-) <---- On the vessel from Germany... ******** '05 545i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, UUC EVOIII SSK, Silver Gray on Black Dakota..... (Buy back by BMW NA)

BMW is buying back my 10 months old car due to some repeating problems, I was thinking about getting the M5 I was so eager to get and was not available 10 months ago, but I REALLY don't like the SMG gearbox and besides I don't like buying a car in its 1st. year of production so I think I will go with the 550I and place an order for MY2007 M5 with a manual gearbox.

Now I already decided I would like to order a WHITE car instead of my Silver-Gray (Which I like as well) but I still need to decide about some other features... so I'm asking your advice for it...

1. I currently have the Sport package with the sport seats and they are o.k., do you think I should get the Comfort seats ? i'm a big guy, though I like the tight (a little bit too tight for me...) feeling of the sport seats.

2. Should I get the HUD ?

3. Should I get the comfort access ? (it wasn't an option when I ordered my car)

Look at my sig. for the other options I have (pretty much everything...) - what would you get ? am I forgetting something ?

Your advice will be appreciated my friends !

Old 01-24-2006, 03:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Comfort seats will be standard with the sport package in 07 models starting with March build.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

Being in Florida, I'm sure you must be looking at vented seats too.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

You may want to look at this thread as well.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=21031
Old 01-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 550i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, Active Steering, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, HUD, Alpine White on Black Dakota & a Big Grin ;-) <---- On the vessel from Germany... ******** '05 545i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, UUC EVOIII SSK, Silver Gray on Black Dakota..... (Buy back by BMW NA)

Originally Posted by ademitt' post='229077' date='Jan 24 2006, 07:35 PM
You may want to look at this thread as well.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=21031
Thanks,

Old 01-24-2006, 04:19 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

If you are thinking for a M5, I assume money is not a big issue for you.

You should get everything that you are considering, so you won't ever regred you didn't get it later.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:22 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='229111' date='Jan 24 2006, 08:19 PM
If you are thinking for a M5, I assume money is not a big issue for you.

You should get everything that you are considering, so you won't ever regred you didn't get it later.
Again, I have all the options in my car that was available then without waiting for 3 months... I've never had HUD before and wanted some advice reagrding... About the seats - again, asking for advice from ppl who had / tried both.

Old 01-24-2006, 05:12 PM
Members

In addition to HUD, active cruise control is really cool -- as far as I'm concerned a must have option in car like the 550i
Old 01-24-2006, 05:31 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 M5, Silver Grey, Silverstone Full Leather, Alumium trim, Active/Ventilated Comfort Seats, HUD, Comfort Access, Split Rear Seats, Rear Seat Heating, etc.

Originally Posted by 545i2b' post='229132' date='Jan 24 2006, 06:12 PM
In addition to HUD, active cruise control is really cool -- as far as I'm concerned a must have option in car like the 550i
Active cruise control is actually the *only* feature I didn't order on my 550, but I think in another situation I might have. I only drive 7500-10k miles/year, very little of it on the freeway. I can count on one hand the number of times I've used regular cruise control in nearly 20 years of driving, so I skipped it. But, if I had a daily commute to contend with? Maybe.

Shortly after ordering my 550 I asked a similar question on this board. After many enthusiastic reviews I added HUD and Comfort Access, and even though I haven't yet received my car, I am glad I did. For me at least, wishing I had something I don't (and can't add after the fact) is far worse than wishing I hadn't spent $1k on a feature I might not use that much. You can always sell a kidney or your firstborn and get the cash back, right?
Old 01-24-2006, 07:28 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jdubbs' post='229134
Active cruise control is actually the *only* feature I didn't order on my 550, but I think in another situation I might have. I only drive 7500-10k miles/year, very little of it on the freeway. I can count on one hand the number of times I've used regular cruise control in nearly 20 years of driving, so I skipped it. But, if I had a daily commute to contend with? Maybe.

Shortly after ordering my 550 I asked a similar question on this board. After many enthusiastic reviews I added HUD and Comfort Access, and even though I haven't yet received my car, I am glad I did. For me at least, wishing I had something I don't (and can't add after the fact) is far worse than wishing I hadn't spent $1k on a feature I might not use that much. You can always sell a kidney or your firstborn and get the cash back, right?
[/quote]

I'll get the HUD & Comfort seats / Access... as for the Active CC... i'll never use it, especially while having a manual gearbox...

Quick Reply: IF YOU HAD THE OPTION TO ADD/CHANGE AN OPTION IN YOUR E60...