E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Idrive went black!!!help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by docsilva
Hey guys well, I replaced my M-ask unit and now have a working screen along with my music and apparently Aux as well, the unit I bought was in a 2007 550I so basically what i need now is the aux cable and coding, thanks guys you are the shizznet for keeping it real.
Sounds like you're almost home free.
Nice to hear a happy ending, and you were able to save yourself a good number of shekels too!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:51 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535i M Sport
Model Year: 2010

Well done!
Old 01-11-2013, 03:17 PM
New Members

Thanks really appreciate the feedback fellas.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:22 PM
Members

Been following this thread and i have to say this is the best informative site ever comparing to others. I also have a Jetta and going to vwvortex it's like being in a club with minors. This site always keep me coming back. You guys rock for real!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:04 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by Giowizzy
Been following this thread and i have to say this is the best informative site ever comparing to others. I also have a Jetta and going to vwvortex it's like being in a club with minors. This site always keep me coming back. You guys rock for real!!!
Lol hell yea bro these guys are good news, very good people
Old 01-13-2013, 05:39 PM
New Members

My Ride: 06 BMW 530i and a 07 Silverado Crewcab

glad u got it going again doc i kinda feel like mine might be going out as well however it comes back each time takes about 5-10minutes then reboots back up with the music playing however the nav on mine works no problem when it happens just no sound and the i drive knob spins freely. yeah sucks driving with no tunes
Old 01-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Hmmm...mine just did this for the first time with my CIC retrofit. The car started fine and the radio came on. Then the screen went black and then the radio went out. A few seconds later, I heard a click almost like a relay sound from the glove box area and the the screen came back on as well as the radio.

A little background. Although my carbis a daily driver, it's for a short distance like 4 miles one way. I only drove the car about 6000 miles in about a year. The battery is about 2 years old. OEM and registered. Last week, I started the car and the clock needed to be reset. I shut the engine ann I got a battery charge low error. I then went on a 100 mile trip (50 miles each way) hoping to charge the battery up. I haven't seen the error since. And now thi idrive issue came up right now. What do you guys think? Should I check if the alternator is working and maybe my battery is still low to power the idrive on startup? Also, the headlight switch is in auto so the xenons were also on when the car started.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:35 AM
pcy
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i, '07 C280 4matic, '98 ML320

Originally Posted by balbs
Hmmm...mine just did this for the first time with my CIC retrofit. The car started fine and the radio came on. Then the screen went black and then the radio went out. A few seconds later, I heard a click almost like a relay sound from the glove box area and the the screen came back on as well as the radio.

A little background. Although my carbis a daily driver, it's for a short distance like 4 miles one way. I only drove the car about 6000 miles in about a year. The battery is about 2 years old. OEM and registered. Last week, I started the car and the clock needed to be reset. I shut the engine ann I got a battery charge low error. I then went on a 100 mile trip (50 miles each way) hoping to charge the battery up. I haven't seen the error since. And now thi idrive issue came up right now. What do you guys think? Should I check if the alternator is working and maybe my battery is still low to power the idrive on startup? Also, the headlight switch is in auto so the xenons were also on when the car started.
If I were you, I'd check the voltage across the battery terminals. If anything below 12.4V, recharge it.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:15 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by pcy
If I were you, I'd check the voltage across the battery terminals. If anything below 12.4V, recharge it.
At about 54 degrees farenheit this morning, the voltage (taken from the battery terminal and ground under the hood) was 11.66V. With the engine running it's about 14.6\14.7V...Does that mean the alternator is working?
Old 01-22-2013, 05:14 PM
New Members

Indeed it does

Quick Reply: Idrive went black!!!help!!!