E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Idrive went black!!!help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 06:22 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idrive went black!!!help!!!

Hi I am somewhat of a newbie member here, heres the summary, this is my first bimmer, fell in love with it right of way. Ive had it for about 4 months now and never had a problem until yesterday. My idrive went black, no stereo, no bluetooth, nothing. I have done my research on what exactly it can be and i still do not know. I know that the idrive will not turn on due to the fact that a battery is weak and will only power the necessary essentials in the vehicle to have it running. However, members having this problem said not only was there idrive dead but were also getting error messages on their cluster, all kinds. I have not gotten any, it still chimes if I dont have my belt on, when I open the door as I exit my car, or things like that so somethings are still working. Checked the MPM under the spare tire, nothing seems to be wet or humid down there either. Have not checked fuses though, Ill do that tomorrow. Only thing i can think of would be a software upgrade or another ccc. However, this happened to me when I had just finished installing after market angel eye kit from ebay. Went with a 10K xenon blue. You guys think this might have something to do with it? coincidence?

thanks guys I really hope its not a ccc cuz shiiet, I live in Yuma, Az and the closest dealer is in san diego, I think think there are any indy shops out really working on these cars.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:10 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 550i

I would drive down the dealer and get my battery replaced asap. Then we can troubleshoot your black screen problem !
Old 12-26-2012, 03:25 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would not. you can check your battery and alternator charging yourself with simple multimeter. but you are right, it it was the battery you would have quite few errors beeps on the ignition on.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:46 AM
New Members

Yea, I could do that too, check the voltage. My car doesnt sound like it has any trouble starting or anything and I hope its not the battery but like I said I havent gotten any multiple error messages on my cluster, and I know that when it is the battery members have said that they get all kinds of e codes, the car just starts acting up, mine hasnt though. Could it be because its still got enough juice but could end up doing that in a few days?
Old 12-26-2012, 07:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, 6-speed Manual, Silver Grey Metallic, Grey Dakota Leather, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound Pkg, Sport Pkg, Lumbar Support

Check the fuses first. If all good, then reverse the angel eye mod back to original. You did say it was timed to the new angel eyes.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:07 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by SilberGrauE60
Check the fuses first. If all good, then reverse the angel eye mod back to original. You did say it was timed to the new angel eyes.
Yes, I will do that, I think the diagram for the fuses is right where the emergency kit is at right? and yes it happened when I was done installing those led angel eyes when it happened. Ill reverse the process and see if that had anything to do with it, thank you guys.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

there's fuses behind the glove box and also behind the carpet panel on the passenger side trunk.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:03 AM
New Members

behind the glove box too? damn i thought the only ones were the ones in the trunk. How do I get to those? do I have to unscrew anything or are they basically just there like the ones in the trunk with easy access to?
Old 12-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by docsilva
behind the glove box too? damn i thought the only ones were the ones in the trunk. How do I get to those? do I have to unscrew anything or are they basically just there like the ones in the trunk with easy access to?
open glove box, and remove the back panel. its easy to figure out.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:41 PM
New Members

thank you turbo, ill do that.

Quick Reply: Idrive went black!!!help!!!