E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Idrive went black!!!help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 06:29 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys I checked my fuses and reversed ma angel eye mod to stock and see if it did anything but nope. Im screwed its either the battery, software upgrade or ccc, this sucks
Old 12-27-2012, 06:45 PM
New Members

My Ride: 06 BMW 530i and a 07 Silverado Crewcab

i just recently bought a BMW as well mine does the same thing. It will come and go not quite sure what it is either and the battery has been replaced as well. if you leaving it running it takes about 5-10minutes and then the idrive rebots and everything comes back. With mine the idrive knob just spins freely i tried putting in a cd when it happened and it took the cd and you could see the minutes running on it however no sound. all of my fuses are fine the previous owner had told me about it before i bought it and he said the BMW dealership couldnt find anything thing wrong with it but yours should come back on. any info or help from someone would be greatly appreciated. We cant be the only two that has this problem HAha
Old 12-27-2012, 08:17 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by 06BMW530i
i just recently bought a BMW as well mine does the same thing. It will come and go not quite sure what it is either and the battery has been replaced as well. if you leaving it running it takes about 5-10minutes and then the idrive rebots and everything comes back. With mine the idrive knob just spins freely i tried putting in a cd when it happened and it took the cd and you could see the minutes running on it however no sound. all of my fuses are fine the previous owner had told me about it before i bought it and he said the BMW dealership couldnt find anything thing wrong with it but yours should come back on. any info or help from someone would be greatly appreciated. We cant be the only two that has this problem HAha
Yea bro, that sucks, I mean if we had a 545 we could hear the engines roar but this 530 is quite and I dont really like the way these sound with an exhaust, Id just rather have it quiet like this. But Yea bro its been 3 days now with no Idrive=no music and it blows because I cant really bump my jams. Mines already got a cd in there but it wont even eject it or anything its just (bleep) dead. Thats weird that they couldnt find anything wrong with yours, I mean if youve got something thats suppose to work and doesnt.... you know what I mean, I guess we'll just have to see what the hell it is we can do bro.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:41 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have you try hard reset?
Old 12-28-2012, 06:55 AM
New Members

Ive been trying to figure out how to hard reset it, i know you press the knob and the 2 eject buttons, but mine doesnt have navigation, so i only have one eject. Ive been pressing other like the control knob, the menu and some on the steering wheel to see if it does anything but no luck.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:10 AM
New Members

Is possible the bluetooth module died.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:24 AM
New Members

the bluetooth module? where is it located? is that causing idrive to remain black? because i did notice that my phone still recognizes the bluetooth connection to my car and it still pairs up just fine but it still does not work.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:10 PM
New Members

My Ride: 06 BMW 530i and a 07 Silverado Crewcab

yeah that sucks whenever mine goes out it comes back after alil while but for yours to remain black is strange almost sounds as if something has shorted out or something on yours. i have no clue on why mine is retarded but im about to hook my system up to it maybe it will rattle something back in place
Old 01-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Sorry Bro, but I thought mine was just the battery too. Got a new battery, had it registered, still nothing. Had to replace the whole CCC unit, while I was at it I added the AUX cable. Total cost was about $1100, including install and coding done by an indy shop. Don't go to the stealer, since for the CCC alone they charge roughly $3000 to replace. You can get a remanufactured (they don't make new CCC's anymore) at getbmwparts.com for around $700, then it's just a matter of coding and install. Good luck.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:28 PM
New Members

DAMMNN ITT, I took it to an indy shop today and these are the codes that came up, anybody know what the hell these are?

A46D: Malfunction CID by reset of MOST ring

A468: External open circuit ( LVDS data line)

they guy said they were manufacturer codes, he couldnt really find out more about it nor reset it. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Idrive went black!!!help!!!