E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

idrive issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i Sports Package
Originally Posted by sylhety' post='675106' date='Sep 22 2008, 01:32 AM
I really need help on this one. Since i had my car the idrive freezes from time to time for hours at a time. The time goes into 24hr mode the temp changes to celsius the miles to kilometers and the gallons to liters. I thought it had something to do with the HID fog lights i had put on but it only does it on really rainy days or after a good car wash to on really moist days. I think its got some sort of a short, but it doesn't last long enough for me to take it to the dealership. I already turned it in twice and the first time they told me it was my phone so i had changed my phone second time they said no trouble found and they performed a system reset. WHAT TO DO? Please HELP. Thank you in advance.

Ahmed
Experienced similar problem and brought my car to the dealer today. They performed a CCC sympton test, then updated my CIP to version 31.1. Its working fine for now.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

JSpira is correct, it needs to be addressed by service department. iDrive should work the same all the time and not require little tricks to make it work. Code can be corrupted and cause a perfectly working system to all of a sudden not work properly. Let service department run diagnostic and they may find hardware or softwere issue(s). Also, as he mentioned, pictures are excellent method of providing SA/tech with evidence on a intermittant problem. They will appreciate the effort and assistance as these type of issues do not normally leave evidence of their misbehaviour. You may be able to live with it for awhile and not make a special trip to dealer but next normal scheduled maintenance be sure to include these kind of issues. It may not be a big problem now but it can often get worse.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by fvicente' post='713371' date='Nov 5 2008, 08:10 PM
yup. just push in the volume knob and the two eject buttons all at the same time. screen will go blank, and come back up in a few seconds with the BMW splash screen.
just an update...I was already on 30.1 and I could get the CCC to repeat the problem at will if I didn't wait when I unlocked the car. When I straightened out the voice recognition, the dealer reprogrammed the CAS in the process. Now I can not replicate the problem. Sure, the unit takes AGES to boot up if I unlock and get in and turn the key right away, but the audio eventually returns to the source I had it at, the time and date show, and the idrive doesn't freeze. So, if you are experiencing this problem, have ALL of your modules updated to the most recent version, especially the CCC and the CAS.

Good luck,