E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

iDrive CIC Retrofit - Who can do it in UK?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: -Current- 535d Sport LCI Bi-Xenon Adaptive Lights, S.A.T, Professional SatNav, Logic7, Elec Memory seats, iPod interface, 19" Alloys WITHOUT RUNFLATS! CIC and Combox Retrofit, White Angel Eyes, Speed in Centre console. -Previous- Mini Cooper S 525d Tourer Auto

Hi All,

I have been looking at retrofitting the new CIC based iDrive to my '07 LCI e60, but would rather use someone who has done this and has the relevant coding equipment.

I am in the UK and many posts are US or mid-Europe based so not overly suitable (well Europe is if the price is right...).

I have looked over the net and have located and contacted cartronics as they have done this already (main contributor on the e90post.com forum on this http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159604) but they are hinting at costs in the region of 5k! given this cost, I am looking at alternate companies to see what I can get this for, but need suggestions as to who can do this?

Now I am not saying this is too much money for what is involved, or implying that they are ripping people off, I am just saying that this seems too much to me and I cannot justify this retrofit so am looking for other alternate quotes.

Can anyone out there give any suggestions, or give feedback on anyone they have used (both good and bad)?

Appreciate any comments and feedback.

Regards
Darron

P.S. absolutely love this forum!
Old 05-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Yea i notice that cartronics can do the the install. My best advice is getting an Autologic shop to help you, specially since they are based in the UK. Technic over E90post told me that Autologic actually do all the coding necessary for the retrofit. They only thing that they arent able to do is generate the FSC codes, but they can import it. I guess by now you know who to contact to get the FSC codes. Since you in the UK, there's a CIC unit for sale in ebay for an excellent price. I tried to have it ship to the US but the seller never responded. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E60-E61-SAT-NAV-CIC-HDD-Navigation-System-Next-GEN-/220607257698?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item335d379c62#ht_784wt_1139
He's been trying to sell it for the past month.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: -Current- 535d Sport LCI Bi-Xenon Adaptive Lights, S.A.T, Professional SatNav, Logic7, Elec Memory seats, iPod interface, 19" Alloys WITHOUT RUNFLATS! CIC and Combox Retrofit, White Angel Eyes, Speed in Centre console. -Previous- Mini Cooper S 525d Tourer Auto

Originally Posted by nelson29
...there's a CIC unit for sale in ebay for an excellent price. I tried to have it ship to the US but the seller never responded. http://cgi.ebay.co.u...2#ht_784wt_1139

He's been trying to sell it for the past month.
I guess he has sold it then! it is no longer listed
Old 05-28-2010, 04:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by Darron.Lowe
I guess he has sold it then! it is no longer listed

Its still listed, i just tried it.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:01 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
Its still listed, i just tried it.
EBay has changed since I last used it... I just didn't scroll down!

its a good price from what i have seen! i'll see where i am with money and codes and may well be in touch...

thanks BLooD for pointing out my stupidity
Old 05-28-2010, 07:12 AM
Contributors

Dont know if you saw this post in E90post. Patryk is selling a package together with all the necessary coding included.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388068
Old 05-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Senior Members

Dont know if you saw this post in E90post. Patryk is selling a package together with all the necessary coding included.
http://www.e90post.c...ad.php?t=388068
Spot on! this makes life so much easier! I have a friend who is able to dismantle the car and fit this lot so seems like the easiest solution for a reasonable(ish) price!

thanks nelson29 for locating this thread for me!
Old 05-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Darron.Lowe
Spot on! this makes life so much easier! I have a friend who is able to dismantle the car and fit this lot so seems like the easiest solution for a reasonable(ish) price!

thanks nelson29 for locating this thread for me!
No problem. Let him know that Nelson over e60.net sent you. To be honest it easy to dismantle the dash. its a 10-20 min job, you can probably do it yourself.
Also you might want to start ordering the other parts that you need for the retrofit soon, dont know how long it takes to get parts from Germany to the UK. For the US, it takes 3 weeks.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Contributors

Just to let you know If you are able to get it done cheaper. If you want to save a more money my advice is to just to the programming with Patryk for 800 euro and get the CIC, CID and control from ebay for 800 pounds. The other parts that you need you have to order it from Germany regardless. Last time i check with him he wanted about 2200 euros for the package for the E60 system.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Senior Members

No problem. Let him know that Nelson over e60.net sent you. To be honest it easy to dismantle the dash. its a 10-20 min job, you can probably do it yourself.
Also you might want to start ordering the other parts that you need for the retrofit soon, dont know how long it takes to get parts from Germany to the UK. For the US, it takes 3 weeks.
I suspect Patrys will list the additional parts needed when he responds, or as part of the order, but do you have this list of items you can forward on? I do not want to look through the 38 pages of discussions again to track them all down

how are you getting on with your Retrofit?

Quick Reply: iDrive CIC Retrofit - Who can do it in UK?