E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I need your help, all of you please

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 523i, Titanium Gray Metallic/Black Dakota Leather with Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic, Business Sound Pkg, Rear Electric Sunshade UPGRADES: Wheels:235/40/ZR18 Pirelli PZero Rosso

Hi there,

I am a E60 owner in Taiwan, many BMW E60 owners like you, facing this problem of engine oil abnormal consumption. Accroding to my search results in local BMW fansclub forums, this unusual issue happened to the new N52 series engine mostly. But no garantee it wont't happened to M52 engine.
Here comes a suprise...just yesterday, we had an owner here (on the taiwanese BMW forum), claimed that local BMW dealer agree to have his engine changed in two weeks, we were all happy for him(but at the same time many owners doubt with it.. ). His trick is to call the toll free service number (which belongs to BMW taiwan area agency)and kept all the service records instead of argue with the dealer directly. I think it's right for you to write to BMW AG germany directly, but I suggest you to prepare some supprt documents and solid records(service records in your BMW dealer).
Hope it would help and good luck to you!!