E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i love taking curves uphill

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 12:33 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had my car for about 3 weeks now, and in couple more days, i will pass the 2000 km run in period!
so far the handling, controls and comfort is incredible. i am still getting used to parking this car, i always overestimate its length.
i feel that the car comes alive after 3500 rpm, although i have been very tempted and yet to go further.
in taking uphill bends and elbow curves under acceleration, the car just sticks and feels solid like a rock, i can only imagine if i go further pass 3500 rpm (DSC off).
as my post from earlier, i would prefer to close my sunroof after the ignition is switched off (like the windows).
i still don't like the lawyers screen on idrive.
the position of the window controls have yet to be gotten used to, i prefer the console controls like the e46 (3 series).
one small glitch i have experienced was one morning after i started the car, the red alert on 'check engine' lights up briefly for a moment then returned to normal, but i notice the date (not clock) was reset to 2003.
i am still not 100% sure if bmw assist works (have not tried) and notice on the info display-car data, my car is red not silver grey.
i was told by bmw that the communications -dialing controls will not work on its own but will have to be retrofitted with the v60 bmw phone with voice controls, i am not prepared to do this.
brake dust is definitely intense even though i don't brake very often. imagine i have an automatic e60.
in radio tuning, i feel the system tunes into a frequency by gradually approaching it. unlike all other radios which nails the frequency right on instantly, interesting.
i'll post more when more thoughts comes into mind.
how do you guys like yours so far? lets hear them.
rollee
Old 06-14-2004, 10:53 PM
DrT
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't agree with you more, Rollee. I have even changed my route home to take in more bendy roads and roundabouts (circles) just for the sheer hell of it.

I'm also a bit surprised at the amount of brake dust. And for the first 2 weeks my consumption was only 27 mpg (UK gallons) versus the 31 mpg figure quoted by BMW (that's off a 2.5 litre petrol). May be it just needed a run in. Driving style hasn't changed and now I'm back to 31-32 mpg.

Otherwise no other "problems" - one or two quirks though. eg. when you put the advanced AC onto "Auto" it cancels all the manual air distribution settings and when you toggle back, the settings are gone. Consequently I don't use the Auto function at all.

Regards

DrT