E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hit a curb!!! Please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 10:59 AM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by jcantanixon
Juat FYI - there's quite a bit of irony (and racism) in you assuming that a word you don't understand must be ebonics without taking the time to look it up.

If you feel the need to PM me about this public subject, allow me to post it.

" ebonics
There's no reason to further clog up that thread by responding to your post, but just FYI - Wikipedia defines ebonics as African American Vernacular English. Merriam-Webster and Oxford English dictionaries both define it as Black English. Even the origin of the word Ebonics is from Ebony and Phonics. Maybe it's just me, but that sounds like it might have something to do with race. "

I don't give a damn what you or wikipedia says. I've read a lot of things on wikipedia that aren't true. Do not use this as your "sole" source of info. That's what's wrong with people these days. They believe everything their TV tells them or what wikipedia says. Do your own research. The editors are people just like you. And the police force are people just like me. Needing to flag, correct, delete, etc etc.
It may have started with a particular race but if the white americans didn't enslave a people based off race/color and then take their languages and origins away the outcome may have been different.
Slavery has always been existent. Matter of fact, you are currently a slave along with most of the sheeple sitting next to you. The difference between american slavery and the international law that existed prior to was that any person could be a slave regardless of race/color etc.
If you were a prisoner of war, you were a slave.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:58 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 545i & 01 316i

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
If you feel the need to PM me about this public subject, allow me to post it.

" ebonics
There's no reason to further clog up that thread by responding to your post, but just FYI - Wikipedia defines ebonics as African American Vernacular English. Merriam-Webster and Oxford English dictionaries both define it as Black English. Even the origin of the word Ebonics is from Ebony and Phonics. Maybe it's just me, but that sounds like it might have something to do with race. "

I don't give a damn what you or wikipedia says. I've read a lot of things on wikipedia that aren't true. Do not use this as your "sole" source of info. That's what's wrong with people these days. They believe everything their TV tells them or what wikipedia says. Do your own research. The editors are people just like you. And the police force are people just like me. Needing to flag, correct, delete, etc etc.
It may have started with a particular race but if the white americans didn't enslave a people based off race/color and then take their languages and origins away the outcome may have been different.
Slavery has always been existent. Matter of fact, you are currently a slave along with most of the sheeple sitting next to you. The difference between american slavery and the international law that existed prior to was that any person could be a slave regardless of race/color etc.
If you were a prisoner of war, you were a slave.
Even though you're a dick, this was pretty alpha.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:14 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i

I am going to make this as concise as possible:

I highly value AchtungE60's input. I cannot count the number of times I have read a thread and ran into his insightful posts. He is by far one of the most helpful and knowledgeable members on these boards.

As for your original concern, some pics will help assess the damage (if you have not already repaired it). We are glad you were not injured but please use this as a learning experience. It is much more costly now than it would have been if you had rested for the night. More importantly, someone could have been on that curb.

With that said, I cannot believe I have read this entire thread. Please, let's just move on.
Old 05-23-2021, 02:37 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i M-Sport in Space Gray Metallic

Pardon me for digging up this thread from 2013, but holy guacamole, that dude was an asshole.

And that Ebonics comment was definitely racist.

Sheeple? Yuck. I bet he’s a Trump supporter now. And still a massive asshole.