E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I get no love from these streets

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by lim
You guys ever think of getting a nice land cruiser or land rover or a truck and raising it and putting some huge fat wheels on them and just giving the roads and its potholes the finger?

I've been tempted...
I fantasize about X6's every day, but I think I'd crack rims just as well on an X6 - it would just be more expensive to fix them

Originally Posted by Shezmon
sowy to hear that Vlady.... Sue the City like i did a year ago..... after fighting for 9 months for a $1200 bill in repairs, they sent me an $87 check.... Rn't they so generous?
Fucking scumbags, bro!

Originally Posted by Presley348
____

Sorry to hear about the pot hole Vs. BMW rim, and the damn pothole won! : (

You might try www.bmwwheels.com for the best price on BMW OEM prices I have found, and a few Local BMW dealers will match their price 25% off MSRP, and I would ask Garry of BMW of Newport for a price.

Eddie aka Presley348
Mine was apparently repairable, so I'm okay for now. Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by JeRZee XiE60
Sorry to hear, Vlad. I feel your pain, that's why when someone says "let's go to the city", Im like, "you're driving!"
Brooklyn too - especially around downtown Bklyn and Williamsburg regions its awful. Around where I live (Sheepshead Bay area) its not all that bad - I even have a few choice curvy roads, where you can have juuuust a little fun occasionally. I will not tell anyone about where they are though - we don't want any mini-V's coming and messing it all up for the responsible ones of us
Old 09-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 bmw 530i

screw that i live in butt fuck no where nor cal and our roads sound like heaven compared to NY nightmare,more people should head to nor cal and drive for epic roads and scenery ,but besides potholes i have to worry about down trees and flying by deers,raccoons,possums,fox's and other randoms daily.this is the avenue of the giants in Humboldt county California my daily route north to work .if everyone didn't live so far away from this area i would set up a meet but im sure I am the only member within 150 miles or more of this area.
Attached Thumbnails I get no love from these streets-ave.jpg   I get no love from these streets-avenue_of_the_giants.jpg  
Old 09-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by guysk8r1717
screw that i live in butt fuck ...
wait wha?

Good one, bro! Classic! Epic!

Watch out, now Calton will definitely stop by and visit you bwahahahaa
Old 09-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Contributors

seriously middle of bf no where...lol to give a better example the town i live in is a pop of 350 no not 350k just 350 lol. the town i work in 45 mins north is 15k lol now this is middle of no where.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Contributors

in keeping with the mood of this thread, here's a pic of my crack

(there's like a tiny little green oval indicating the crack area - its a hairline one and about 1.5 inches long)
I get no love from these streets-img_0295.jpg
Old 09-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Contributors

seriously middle of bf no where...lol to give a better example the town i live in is a pop of 350 no not 350k just 350 lol. the town i work in 45 mins north is 15k lol now this is middle of no where.
Honestly, bro, as long as there's high speed internet there - and locals actually exhibit signs of being civilized, which is hard to come by in pop. 350 towns around the North East - its all good! Living in a big city is basically becoming more and more of a nuisance anyhow...
Old 09-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Contributors

dam i cant believe a rim can even crack sometimes,bending yeah but cracking god id be pissed.yeah man small towns come with small town perks thats for sure and small down downers,like oh shit i need bread.. oh fuck its 8 the only store in town is closed lol if anyone knows Humboldt county or the emerald triangle and the reputation it has ,they know its just a bunch of stoner ass hippies mostly so its extremely chill around here i love it. but anyway

whats the cost of a repair like that for your rim?
Old 09-17-2010, 01:01 AM
Contributors

dam i cant believe a rim can even crack sometimes,bending yeah but cracking god id be pissed.yeah man small towns come with small town perks thats for sure and small down downers,like oh shit i need bread.. oh fuck its 8 the only store in town is closed lol if anyone knows Humboldt county or the emerald triangle and the reputation it has ,they know its just a bunch of stoner ass hippies mostly so its extremely chill around here i love it. but anyway

whats the cost of a repair like that for your rim?
Stoner hippies I'm moving there and opening up a 24/7 bodega/diner I'll be set for life hahaha

I mentioned cost in one of my responses above, but for 18 inch wheel he charges 115+tax. That's for a full refurb - repair cracks, true out the bends, new paint - the whole nine. Also includes mounting and road force balancing. Oh, and I forgot to mention, my rim is not just cracked - it is also bent, so I've got that "taken care of" too LOL I've got another bent rim and another one that got totally messed up this one time by a tire shop, so if this goes well, I'll probably bring the rest of my wheels to Al and have him re-do them - just so my 18s are all looking new
Old 09-17-2010, 06:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Stoner hippies I'm moving there and opening up a 24/7 bodega/diner I'll be set for life hahaha

I mentioned cost in one of my responses above, but for 18 inch wheel he charges 115+tax. That's for a full refurb - repair cracks, true out the bends, new paint - the whole nine. Also includes mounting and road force balancing. Oh, and I forgot to mention, my rim is not just cracked - it is also bent, so I've got that "taken care of" too LOL I've got another bent rim and another one that got totally messed up this one time by a tire shop, so if this goes well, I'll probably bring the rest of my wheels to Al and have him re-do them - just so my 18s are all looking new
not a bad price at all, especially considering how often it happens.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:22 AM
Senior Members

Sucks, I think part of it is knowing your roads/driving style you cant dodge em all though, NYC streets are terrible pisses me off

Quick Reply: I get no love from these streets