E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I freakin hate my steering wheel.......

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Apr 8 2005, 07:06 AM
I love that sig!

"Anyone that drives slower than me is an idiot and anyone that drives faster is a maniac"

The only thing worse than people driving faster or slower than you is when they pace you and are right next to you and won't speed up or slow down!!
[snapback]112750[/snapback]
Yea I love pacing those people that won't give up the left lane in their blind spot. You want to drive like I don't exist? Let me disappear for you
Old 04-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by poleposition' date='Apr 7 2005, 09:26 PM
Not offer a sport steering wheel??????? How could they justify offering a sport package yet giving us the same wheel as a non sport model.? The sport wheel on my E39 was awesome.? Small, thick and soooo comfortable.? The sport wheel I see on the euro cars is so nice.? We always get the shaft from BMW here in the USA.? Why is that?????
[snapback]112700[/snapback]
The std SE wheel is still better looking, and smaller than the old E39 std truck-like wheel. I agree the sport wheel, either with SMG or without is a nice wheel, however I prefer the thinner feel of the SE wheel.

I asked once about a retro fit M wheel for my E39 and just the parts i.e. wheel and airbag came to ?750.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:12 PM

Sorry you hate the steering wheel with the US sport package -- I like it just fine. Perhaps, to the extent possible, you should just buy the BMW sport wheel you like and have it retrofitted into your car if you just can't sleep at night with your current steering wheel.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

You know Alpina's E60 uses the conventional steering wheel.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:08 AM
Senior Members

To get the good steering wheel you have to get the Cold Weather Package (heated Ssteering wheel0. Much bigger and more comfortable then the standard one.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Originally Posted by TitaniumGray5' date='Apr 7 2005, 10:55 PM
Frankly, I think thick steering wheels are overrated.? I just sold my e46 M3 and that has a really thick steering wheel.? Now driving my z4 and the 545 step at ED pickup, I find that thinner wheels are just as good.? In fact I like the feel better than the squishy fat padded wheel of the M3.? Although I agree that a thick wheel does look better.
[snapback]112744[/snapback]

You know what they say, people with small hand usually have small "you know what"
Old 04-09-2005, 06:02 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Apr 9 2005, 08:50 AM
You know what they say, people with small hand usually have small "you know what"
[snapback]113321[/snapback]
Small gloves?
Old 04-09-2005, 06:37 AM
Contributors

Fellas, I don't know what you're talking about as far as getting the CWP to correct this issue. I have the CWP with the heated steering wheel and it's crap compared to BMW's previous sport package steering wheel. I would do without the heated wheel and rather have the smaller more sporty wheel if that was an option. If you've ever driven a BMW with a sport wheel, you'll know what I'm talking about. The sport wheel isn't only thicker but smaller in circumference as well. I'm just saying, if you're smart enough to get the sport package in these cars, they should give you an interior mod other than the seats which are a whole other topic I could go into. I'm not a hater. I still love my car and wouldn't drive anything else but this just IRKS me.
Old 04-09-2005, 07:05 AM
Contributors

i hear ya, but this is purely a BMW NA issue , not BMW,

by using the same steering wheel, they keep the cost down, just another example of how BMW NA su*xxxx, they dont give their customers the choices we want, or the packages that the rest of the world gets, so you have to buy everything after the fact and have it put on....this is the illusion of 'cheaper' cars in the US vs the rest of the world.. we dont have direct access to everything...to really get almost the same equipted cars here, we have to option out everything and then have it installed...

just add it to the list of thanks to BMW NA and their incompetent marketing team
Old 04-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 335i Sedan

I want to know, is it only when you order the SMG do you get the other wheel?? that is included in the M5?? because if it is then SMG all the way babbby! but it sure does suck that after you pay $3300 u still get that steering wheel! I always hated that steering wheel also!

Quick Reply: I freakin hate my steering wheel.......