E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I-Drive gone to sleep?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525i SE Black Saphire, Black Dakota Leather, 116 type alloys

I jumped in my car tonight leaving work and didn't notice that the i-drive screen hadn't come on until I was a couple of hundred yards down the road and wondered why there was no music blaring from the radio.

The screen seemed to have the backlight on dimly (it dims with the headlights on and I have the contrast turned down a bit too), which indicated it was alive, but no matter what buttons I pressed (radio knob, Menu button, steering wheel buttons), I just couldn't get it to wake up - it had just not come up when the car was started.

The upshot was that without the i-drive screen on, I couldn't get any response out of the CD or radio. I don't know what else was affected as it spooked me a bit and when I got home I just switched the car off and back on to see if it would clear the problem. No joy with that, so I left it while I had my evening meal and went out and tried it again about an hour later. This time everything came back up normally.

Anyone else experienced this little quirk?
Old 01-10-2006, 12:53 PM
MAK
Members

Originally Posted by Kev525' post='222269' date='Jan 10 2006, 09:44 PM
I jumped in my car tonight leaving work and didn't notice that the i-drive screen hadn't come on until I was a couple of hundred yards down the road and wondered why there was no music blaring from the radio.

The screen seemed to have the backlight on dimly (it dims with the headlights on and I have the contrast turned down a bit too), which indicated it was alive, but no matter what buttons I pressed (radio knob, Menu button, steering wheel buttons), I just couldn't get it to wake up - it had just not come up when the car was started.

The upshot was that without the i-drive screen on, I couldn't get any response out of the CD or radio. I don't know what else was affected as it spooked me a bit and when I got home I just switched the car off and back on to see if it would clear the problem. No joy with that, so I left it while I had my evening meal and went out and tried it again about an hour later. This time everything came back up normally.

Anyone else experienced this little quirk?
Almost to the letter as above! Had it checked out at the dealer who said they could find no fault with my i-drive. If you have time mention it to you're own dealer and see what they say. I would be interested in hearing if they come up with an answer.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:59 AM
Members

My I-Drive has crashed twice

Once I started drove-off and there was no music but screen on, had to pull over stop the car and then on restart is was ok

Secondtime it just rebooted after ejecting a CD from the single cd slot that one made me
Old 01-13-2006, 06:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Microsoft software :thumbsdown:
Old 01-13-2006, 07:12 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i SE Black Saphire, Black Dakota Leather, 116 type alloys

Originally Posted by forge197' post='222663
Almost to the letter as above! Had it checked out at the dealer who said they could find no fault with my i-drive. If you have time mention it to you're own dealer and see what they say. I would be interested in hearing if they come up with an answer.
I'll see what they say when I'm at the dealer next and post any "useful" information that I may get.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

This problem could be fixed with a new CIP update?
Old 01-13-2006, 08:18 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

It happend to me couple times. Ctrl-Alt-Delete helped.