E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Car/Key Memory

Old 04-25-2004, 06:18 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I just had the lastest software update on the car on Friday.

Everything seems okay except last nice when I got home, I noticed something weird with the key/seat.

Before the update, when I unlocked the car, I would hit the unlock button once and the seat would begin to move to the seat position.

Now after the update, when I unlock the car, I have to hit the unlock button twice to get the seat to move back to the seat position. I have checked all settings and they are all the same as they were before.

Now, if I go to "Door Locks" under the I-Drive, and reselect the same option to have the seat position move after unlocking and then get out and lock the car; when I unlock it it will move the seat back to the correct position on the first hit of the unlock button.

Funny thing is though, if I let the car go into "Sleep Mode" (which happens in 15-20 minutes), it then takes 2 hits of the unlock button to move the seat. Wierd huh?

From talking to my tech today (Saturday), there are parts of the car/key memory that we can control and some that are set under the computer at the dealer. He thinks that after the programming that the option to have car/key memory reset was selected. Does anyone know what options for car/key memory can be programmed through computer at dealer that cannot be done through I-Drive in car???

Also I have noticed that now if I change an option on one key, that it automatically changes for the other key when I go and check it. Almost seems like car/key memory is semi-disabled?

I now have even tried switching keys when programming options in I-Drive and it still does not make a difference. It works the first time but when I let the car go into "Sleep Mode" it goes back to moving the seat after two clicks of the unlock button.

Anyone else have this problem? Any advice?

Thanks
Old 04-26-2004, 07:17 AM
Guest_GotBMW

No ideas??

<BUMP>
Old 04-26-2004, 07:21 AM
Senior Members

I've had a similar/same issue, in that after unlocking the doors, the seats do not move, even though it's set in i-drive. I have not yet tried your "double unlock" method yet, so I'll give that a go.

The seats only move for me when the key is inserted into position 1 in the ignition.

Like you I think there is much more experimentation to be done, as the manual is not clear cut on the correct operation.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:38 PM
stu
Members

It's probably not helpful - for me to say ...."mine is ok!" . But it works fine!
Menu is set so seats move when doors open ( I prefer that - because you can see the outcome) . Sarah's key stores her seat , wheel and mirror position 100%.
I agree with you - the handbook is poor - and the dealer didn't know how to set it up either ( Grrr) .
Old 05-05-2004, 11:47 AM
Members

Am I reading correctly that the seat move function is programmed in the I drive?

I asked my dealer to sort when I collected the car but they didn't know how to!

Would appreciate some info on this as it will save me a 50 mile round trip

Thanks!

Ray
Old 05-05-2004, 11:58 AM
Members

I couldn't get anywhere with this until I read you have to set it for both keys in idrive.

So lock with key 1, unlock with key 2, get in change settings, get out lock with key 2, open with key 1 and the seat moved

It still acts wierd though, the back will move but the seat won't go back, wonder if this is a safety feature.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

I am going to try that tomorrow because my seat memory moving thingy does not work, however do you or did you have the option in the idrive menue even when it did not work and do you have it now some people say it is in the door lock section of idrive which is not in my section
Old 05-05-2004, 05:41 PM
Senior Members

my seats do not move at all unless i adjust them myself, but the memory buttons work though. is this normal? or is it supposed to move to allow me easy entry/exit when i turn off the engine just like the steering wheel?
Old 05-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Members

seats won't move for easy exit/entry, they just move to the memory location for the key you are using if someone has moved the seat.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:30 AM

I dont have the option in my I drive menu but I do have memory seats that need "activating" as they only work on the buttons not on the key.

Can someone confirm whether the option is in the I drive or the key.

My dealer cant find the option on their tis machine! so I cant get the option working.

If it's in the I drive maybe it's not been initiated which is why I cant find it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car/Key Memory