E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I Drive Failure ? (!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 07:44 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='213831
FRESH UPDATE:

Car has been at dealer since yesterday. Just got a call and told that new control module installed and I Drive now functioning. They said this has been a pretty common problem, and that this car has numerous control modules that are prone to failure "like the distributor caps of yesterday". Oh great. Who can say EXTENDED WARRANTY!

They have verified the cupping /feathering of my left front tire inner tread. Looks like I'll be getting new runflats, dealer waiting on approval from BMW as we speak.
I've been saying EXTENDED WARRANTY for the longest time... but I priced it and it was $3600!!!!! for 2 years... :'(

Wow new tires??!!?! already! how many miles do you have?
[/quote]
8400. Only left front tire has feathering/cupping on inner lip, but its enough to create loud roar/pulsating hum noise at speeds 20-45MPH. It started at about 7K and has become progressively more noticeable. My guess is the right front will feather soon. The TSB clearly states that if only 1 tire has this condition and tires have less than 20K, all 4 get replaced.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by 545i now' post='213834
Originally Posted by 545i now' post='213733' date='Dec 20 2005, 02:57 PM
FRESH UPDATE:

Car has been at dealer since yesterday. Just got a call and told that new control module installed and I Drive now functioning. They said this has been a pretty common problem, and that this car has numerous control modules that are prone to failure "like the distributor caps of yesterday". Oh great. Who can say EXTENDED WARRANTY!

They have verified the cupping /feathering of my left front tire inner tread. Looks like I'll be getting new runflats, dealer waiting on approval from BMW as we speak.
I've been saying EXTENDED WARRANTY for the longest time... but I priced it and it was $3600!!!!! for 2 years... :'(

Wow new tires??!!?! already! how many miles do you have?
8400. Only left front tire has feathering/cupping on inner lip, but its enough to create loud roar/pulsating hum noise at speeds 20-45MPH. It started at about 7K and has become progressively more noticeable. My guess is the right front will feather soon. The TSB clearly states that if only 1 tire has this condition and tires have less than 20K, all 4 get replaced.
[/quote]

I see... still waiting for mine to happen... and my tires are even older than yours! *twiddling thumbs*
Old 12-20-2005, 11:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Cube Trim, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Head Up Display, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Through Load, Park Distance Control, Navigation , HK Logic 7, etc

those runflats sound like a nightmare!~
Old 12-20-2005, 11:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 530i 05 M-technic Silvergrey whith beige dakotaleather

I have had the same prob with my 530i. I still think it is the cold that are cousing the Idrive fauiler. It always hapend when I start my car in the morning.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Its not cold weather with my Idrive failure as its 15 degrees celsius for the past three days
Old 12-21-2005, 05:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 1) 2004 BMW 530IAlpine WhiteLuxury PackageNavigation 2) 2009 Range Rover Sport Supercharged

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='213775
i have had the same prob with my 530i. at first i thought it was the cold but that was just a hunch. the i drive fails to work occaisionally , but i immediatley turn off the car and then try to start it like 5 mins later, it works sometimes. other times, it does not. i called my dealer and the earliest they scheduled me for is january 4th!! do you believe that ??? anyways, im trying to live with the problem. i knew exactly what you were thinking about when you were describing your problem....same thing is happening me!!! your warranty covered the malfunction though , right?
Hi snadir, welcome to the forum. It will be a lot easier for everyone if you include your location.
We have members from all over the world.
[/quote]

Burke, VA
The world famous Fairfax County

about 15 mins from the nations capital
Old 12-21-2005, 06:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545iA Orient Blue, Beige/Poplar, Sport, NAV, Sirius, Logic 7, CWP, PDC, Fold Downs, Sunshades, Bluetooth and “Sweeeeet”

I had the same problem. I-Drive lawyer screen said Achtung! etc.
Run flats sounded like they were runnung flat at 15000 miles.
Dealer installed new computer module and CIP 19.02
New runflats were installed due the feathering on inside edges.
Works fine now but I wonder if the tires will do the same thing as the originals
Old 12-22-2005, 03:41 AM
Members

Hepens to me too, today.

Yust go away. Everything works except bluetooth, but LCD is death. I call the dealer, he said after 09.01.2006!!!! What a bullshit????!!!!

I got a information that software is making these kind of problems (19.02.03).
Old 12-26-2005, 09:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006, US Spec, 530i, Silver Gray, Black leather, Anthricite headliner, Steptronic, Navi Pro, PDC, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Rear Shades, Folding Rear Seats, Bluetooth w/Blackberrt Torch, AUX Input, Bi-Xenon, AIB Angel Eyes w/matching fogs, summer wheels R118 w/PS2 tires, winter wheels R138 w/Michelin PA3 snows

Ok, I got my defective iDrive screen and controller replaced last week (completely blank). It took them 2-weeks to get me a loaner (E90) to drive for the 3-days they had the car in the shop. Even now it's not 100% since my voice control is inactive. Something about needing some other software to finish the job. Now my language selection is French, German and UK English but no voice. My dealer says sometime in January they'll be able to finish the job. The parts for this job would have cost over $800 if not for the warranty. I guess in 4-years I'll be getting a new one.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:44 AM
Members

I've not had my I-Drive not come on, but last week when I got in the car there was no sound from the stereo it was stuck in mute the only fix was to pull over turn the engine off remove key re-insert key start up and all ok.... Wierd they need to put CTRL ALT DELETE keys on these things so you can reboot on the move

Quick Reply: I Drive Failure ? (!)