E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I Drive Failure ? (!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 07:25 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='210579
UPDATE: Dealer told me they couldnt take me until JANUARY SECOND!!!!!!!!!!!!! I nearly blew a gasket. CAlled my salesman, told him about this.....now I'm in on DECMBER 21...the best they can do

9 more days of no NAV, Logic 7, bluetooth

On top of that, at 8000 miles I'm getting a pulsating hum at 25mph+ from the front suspension....new tires in my future? Anyone with a mid 2005 or later production date having tire noise issues? I thought that the "new Dunlop runflats" had addressed this. Will check tonight sidewall for prod dates

Oh man... :thumbsdown:

Ya report your sidewall prod dates... I'm curious to know.
[/quote]
fronts 1405, rears 0805
Old 12-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Humm ok thanks I'll check mine tomorrow and post back. Off to bed now.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Cube Trim, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Head Up Display, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Through Load, Park Distance Control, Navigation , HK Logic 7, etc

Dec 21??? wow what an insult. I would have blown more then a gasket...I haven't even gotten my car yet and I'm already worried about all this crap that seems to be happening to waaaaay too many people on here. Ultimate Driving Machine? lol I hope so!!!
Old 12-13-2005, 05:53 AM
Members

I've had my screen either stay blank right after starting the car or go blank while driving, but it usually clears itself up after a few minutes.
Two days ago when my wife was driving it, she said when she started the car the lawyer screen was in German... It must be pining for the Fatherland... But after a few minutes it went back to English, I'm not sure if it did it on its own or if my wife fixed it using some German profanity she picked up while we lived there. Don't know if the cause of all this is the cold playing tricks on the system or if it's just possessed.
Regardless, I'm trying to ignore these little issues, keeping in mind that the dealer replaced the entire transmission (SMG...) just a month or so ago. I'm just happy the car actually starts now.
Deutschland uber Alles!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 01:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

FRESH UPDATE:

Car has been at dealer since yesterday. Just got a call and told that new control module installed and I Drive now functioning. They said this has been a pretty common problem, and that this car has numerous control modules that are prone to failure "like the distributor caps of yesterday". Oh great. Who can say EXTENDED WARRANTY!

They have verified the cupping /feathering of my left front tire inner tread. Looks like I'll be getting new runflats, dealer waiting on approval from BMW as we speak.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 1) 2004 BMW 530IAlpine WhiteLuxury PackageNavigation 2) 2009 Range Rover Sport Supercharged

i have had the same prob with my 530i. at first i thought it was the cold but that was just a hunch. the i drive fails to work occaisionally , but i immediatley turn off the car and then try to start it like 5 mins later, it works sometimes. other times, it does not. i called my dealer and the earliest they scheduled me for is january 4th!! do you believe that ??? anyways, im trying to live with the problem. i knew exactly what you were thinking about when you were describing your problem....same thing is happening me!!! your warranty covered the malfunction though , right?
Old 12-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Originally Posted by snadir' post='213756' date='Dec 20 2005, 03:52 PM
i have had the same prob with my 530i. at first i thought it was the cold but that was just a hunch. the i drive fails to work occaisionally , but i immediatley turn off the car and then try to start it like 5 mins later, it works sometimes. other times, it does not. i called my dealer and the earliest they scheduled me for is january 4th!! do you believe that ??? anyways, im trying to live with the problem. i knew exactly what you were thinking about when you were describing your problem....same thing is happening me!!! your warranty covered the malfunction though , right?
Hi snadir, welcome to the forum. It will be a lot easier for everyone if you include your location.
We have members from all over the world.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

This is mad. Yesterday I went into my I Drive screen to check my tyres and discovered that my tyre sensors were not working. I was pissed but not amazed. The my I drive screen went blank and never came back. I have tried everything to get it back with no joy. The only saving grace is that I am picking up my new car in first week of january. So I didnt even bother calling the dealer. Am I mad buying another one. Seem like nothing but trouble

grinche
Old 12-20-2005, 06:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by snadir' post='213756' date='Dec 20 2005, 03:52 PM
Covered by warranty.

Finally got in early by sending a polite, but cryptic email to my salesman telling him that although he had tried to intercede, I was still not satisfied. I asked to be refered to the big kahuna and got a call almost immediately from service manager.Up until then, I hadnt treid to get to him directly. He cut with the excusues and got me in next day. Lesson learned: Go to the top, politely but persistently.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by 545i now' post='213733' date='Dec 20 2005, 02:57 PM
FRESH UPDATE:

Car has been at dealer since yesterday. Just got a call and told that new control module installed and I Drive now functioning. They said this has been a pretty common problem, and that this car has numerous control modules that are prone to failure "like the distributor caps of yesterday". Oh great. Who can say EXTENDED WARRANTY!

They have verified the cupping /feathering of my left front tire inner tread. Looks like I'll be getting new runflats, dealer waiting on approval from BMW as we speak.
I've been saying EXTENDED WARRANTY for the longest time... but I priced it and it was $3600!!!!! for 2 years... :'(

Wow new tires??!!?! already! how many miles do you have?

Quick Reply: I Drive Failure ? (!)