E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I am going to die...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005 | 01:25 AM
Senior Members

Ah, stockbroking. I nearly said that. It was probably one of your colleagues that I saw driving through Piccadily on Saturday night in a Pagani Zonda. What a fantastic engine noise even at the modest posing speed he was doing.
Old 02-15-2005 | 01:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Feb 15 2005, 10:25 AM
Ah, stockbroking. I nearly said that. It was probably one of your colleagues that I saw driving through Piccadily on Saturday night in a Pagani Zonda. What a fantastic engine noise even at the modest posing speed he was doing.
[snapback]90317[/snapback]
Awesoem car .. would LOVE one. Was it the new roadster?
I don't think anyone here has one, though the car park downstairs is currently showing: 1x F612, 1x Vanquish, 2x Modena, 1x DB9, countless 996's, and a MkIII golf 1.6 ??????
Old 02-15-2005 | 01:46 AM
Senior Members

No, it was the coupe. It looked fantastic and had a pretty stunning passenger in it. The driver had a beard I think. Looked a bit like Eric Clapton now I come to think of it. Sounds like you have an interesting garage in your office. The Vanquish is a beautiful car and would be my pick out of the ones you mentioned. It has so much class and presence. A friend of mine drives one and I've tried (but failed) to get him to leave it to me in his will. He thinks I'll try to bump him off...... he could be right

I haven't been into central London for a long time but the thing I noticed was...... no E60's.... anywhere
Old 02-15-2005 | 02:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Feb 15 2005, 10:46 AM
No, it was the coupe. It looked fantastic and had a pretty stunning passenger in it. The driver had a beard I think. Looked a bit like Eric Clapton now I come to think of it. Sounds like you have an interesting garage in your office. The Vanquish is a beautiful car and would be my pick out of the ones you mentioned. It has so much class and presence. A friend of mine drives one and I've tried (but failed) to get him to leave it to me in his will. He thinks I'll try to bump him off...... he could be right?

I haven't been into central London for a long time but the thing I noticed was...... no E60's.... anywhere?
[snapback]90321[/snapback]
Prob was Clapton then .. he loves his cars. There is a distinct lack of E60's round here you're right. I live in Essex, and very rarely see them there either. This makes me feel good about my purchase. We do have 2 company E60's however. But they have some shockingly small wheels on them. I think they are just run around cars. Most of the selection of Co. chauffeur cars are 7's and S class plus the odd Maybach. We currently have a CLS on display to win in a comp. ?100 a ticket, 1,000 tickets available. The winner will have the 1st CLS in the UK. But sadly only a 350, not the 500.
Old 02-15-2005 | 02:17 AM
Senior Members

Might have been worth a flutter if it had been a new M5 but the CLS does nothing for me personally. Merc still haven't mastered the art of making a car that is involving to drive around corners (with perhaps the exception of the SLR and a bit of help from DC and the McLaren boys that is).
Old 02-15-2005 | 02:21 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Feb 15 2005, 11:17 AM
Might have been worth a flutter if it had been a new M5 but the CLS does nothing for me personally. Merc still haven't mastered the art of making a car that is involving to drive around corners (with perhaps the exception of the SLR and a bit of help from DC and the McLaren boys that is).
[snapback]90324[/snapback]
Indeed .. I'm a bit anti Benz. Constant rows round here with Benz owners. I haven't bought a ticket...
Old 02-15-2005 | 03:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 Lexus HS 250h...looking to get a 2011 535xi

Thank you all for your words of support. I think I may make it...one day at a time. (And loved the "drive it like you stole it" comment... I have to start thinking about a creative way to break the news to my Acura dearler that I am trading in my year-old TL for a BMW.

I went to the (Chicago) Auto Show yesterday to see if anything else caught my eye. I loved the M-B CLS (but it was about $15K more than my budget).
Old 02-15-2005 | 03:33 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 Lexus HS 250h...looking to get a 2011 535xi

Thank you all for your words of support. I think I may make it...one day at a time. (And loved the "drive it like you stole it" comment... I have to start thinking about a creative way to break the news to my Acura dearler that I am trading in my year-old TL for a BMW.

I went to the (Chicago) Auto Show yesterday to see if anything else caught my eye. I loved the M-B CLS (but it was about $15K more than my budget).
Old 02-15-2005 | 08:05 AM
Senior Members

the cls looks awesome i concur, how it drives is a different matter. if the attention of her driver be distracted by a 'lady' passenger, might the control be regained promptly is crucial...

the pagani zonda uses a mb power plant, extremely fast and drivable. looks great in orange.
as jeremy in top gear puts it, 'never has there been so much power put together by the germans and the italians since world war 2 !'
Old 02-15-2005 | 08:51 AM
Contributors

From: Proud citizen of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and MORGANTOWN, W.V.
My Ride: '05 530i, Premium, Steptronic, Logic7, Silver grey-black leather. Build date 12/7/04.

Originally Posted by Argelius' date='Feb 14 2005, 09:08 PM
I've never had a 5-series and I have my heart set on a 2006 530xi and I think I'll die if I have to wait until June or July to get one. I keep fondling the brochure and pouring over the pictures, but I fear it won't sustain me much longer.

I am trying to be strong...

[snapback]90241[/snapback]
Is any form of self-gratification possible utilizing the brochure?