E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I am going to die...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005 | 05:08 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 Lexus HS 250h...looking to get a 2011 535xi
Angry

I've never had a 5-series and I have my heart set on a 2006 530xi and I think I'll die if I have to wait until June or July to get one. I keep fondling the brochure and pouring over the pictures, but I fear it won't sustain me much longer.

I am trying to be strong...

Old 02-14-2005 | 05:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Be strong. It was like this for me until I got my money together!
Old 02-14-2005 | 06:20 PM
JDN
Contributors

Hang in there, Argelius. Good things do not always come easy, but they are always worth enduring.
Old 02-14-2005 | 06:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

good luck and were all here with you ....Stay Strong
Old 02-14-2005 | 08:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 545 SMG Individual interior, all options except Nav & HUD.

Welcome! 3 things: Enjoy the wait, the journey is much more fun than the destination. And log on to e60.net whenever you can, this place is a fountainhead of information. And when you get the car, drive it like you stole it!

Cheers
Old 02-15-2005 | 12:29 AM
Senior Members

be strong argelis, most of us here went through the same phase. when i got my car last year this board wasn't as active as now, consider yourself luckier.

the eventual arrival of your baby will make you forget the agony of anticipation.
apart from flipping brochures (i had copies/articles in 3 places of my house, my car and everywhere in my office - i even had a laptop setup semi permantly in the bathroom) :'(

i suggest to look into getting another set of wheels/tires , clean up your garage, build a library and upgrade your home theatre, to put your mind off things.

BTW when you eventually get your hands on it, i like to know if the difference in ride height of the xi (taller) to the regular e60 affects its handling. in other words visit all your dealers and test drive like mad!
aim for those apexes!!

offshore, i like your '....And when you get the car, drive it like you stole it!' great attitude.
Old 02-15-2005 | 12:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by Argelius' date='Feb 14 2005, 09:08 PM
I've never had a 5-series and I have my heart set on a 2006 530xi and I think I'll die if I have to wait until June or July to get one. I keep fondling the brochure and pouring over the pictures, but I fear it won't sustain me much longer.

[snapback]90241[/snapback]
Forget the wait just steal one. - Get the police to log on to this web site, They'll understand everything!
Old 02-15-2005 | 12:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

Originally Posted by Argelius' date='Feb 15 2005, 02:08 AM

[snapback]90241[/snapback]
I am fortunate to be in the position of having mine delivered on Fri (Feb 18). But it has been killing me the closer it gets.
To make things worse, 4 brand spanking new Lambo Gallardo's got delivered to my office y'day afternoon. 2 orange, 2 black. I've now asked the dealership NOT to deliver mine to the office.
Old 02-15-2005 | 01:08 AM
Senior Members

JayELL,

4 new Lambo's! I take it you work in IT then. That's about the only business where people are still making serious money for toys like those.

I wouldn't worry about the Gallardo's. I know of 2 people who own them and they are both constantly breaking down and being taken back to the London dealership for repairs. It seems that they are given an Audi RS6 as a courtesy car. One of the people concerned said it is like having stupidly shelled out ?120k for the Audi and getting occassional half day use of a Lambo thrown in as part of the deal. He is thoroughly fed up with the car and would sell it if only it ran long enough to complete a test drive. I believe that the hit he is going to take if he sells it back to the dealer is just too big to contemplate yet.
Old 02-15-2005 | 01:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Feb 15 2005, 10:08 AM
JayELL,

4 new Lambo's! I take it you work in IT then. That's about the only business where people are still making serious money for toys like those.

I wouldn't worry about the Gallardo's. I know of 2 people who own them and they are both constantly breaking down and being taken back to the London dealership for repairs. It seems that they are given an Audi RS6 as a courtesy car. One of the people concerned said it is like having stupidly shelled out ?120k for the Audi and getting occassional half day use of a Lambo thrown in as part of the deal. He is thoroughly fed up with the car and would sell it if only it ran long enough to complete a test drive. I believe that the hit he is going to take if he sells it back to the dealer is just too big to contemplate yet.
[snapback]90312[/snapback]
Ouch ... well it still must be nice to have that sort of cash for toys anyway.
Not in IT no... Stockbroker in London. We can out earn any ITer as long as they don't work for Microsoft and took bonuses in stock.