E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How is sport package/logic 7 sound identified?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 08:00 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all,

This is my first post, but I have been looking around for a few weeks. I've got a 2004 E60 that I'm interested in purchasing that claims to have sport package and Logic 7 sound. My question is, how do I verify this?

From what I can tell, there are no markings of L7. How would it be indentified?

The car does have sport wheels, extended sport seats and that dsc button below the cd/dvd slot.

Is there such thing as a sport steering wheel? If so, is it standard to the sport package?

The wheel thats in the car does not seem like a sport wheel. It looks/feels very standard.

If the car has the extended seats/dsc/wheels does that make it sport package?

Thank you for your help. I am very eager to get into an E60!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 08:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Originally Posted by e60lurker' post='591613' date='May 30 2008, 07:00 PM
Hello all,

This is my first post, but I have been looking around for a few weeks. I've got a 2004 E60 that I'm interested in purchasing that claims to have sport package and Logic 7 sound. My question is, how do I verify this?

From what I can tell, there are no markings of L7. How would it be indentified?

The car does have sport wheels, extended sport seats and that dsc button below the cd/dvd slot.

Is there such thing as a sport steering wheel? If so, is it standard to the sport package?

The wheel thats in the car does not seem like a sport wheel. It looks/feels very standard.

If the car has the extended seats/dsc/wheels does that make it sport package?

Thank you for your help. I am very eager to get into an E60!!!
Hi,

I don't know about the US sport package, but L7 is easy to identify. If you can find equalizer in i-Drive entertainment menu, you have L7.

However, I think it's possible to check what is included in current sport package for MY 2008. I think it will give you the idea, whether that particular car has sport package or not.

BR

Jukka
Old 05-30-2008, 08:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by TitangrauII530iA' post='591618' date='May 30 2008, 11:08 AM
Hi,

I don't know about the US sport package, but L7 is easy to identify. If you can find equalizer in i-Drive entertainment menu, you have L7.

However, I think it's possible to check what is included in current sport package for MY 2008. I think it will give you the idea, whether that particular car has sport package or not.

BR

Jukka
The 04 Sport package will have Active Steering, Sport Seats, 18" staggared wheels, Sport Suspension(lowered) and has the shadow line trim so you should not have chrome around the windows. Instead it will be the Matte Black finish.

Here is the option sheet http://www.e60.net/information/2004_5_Seri...tion_Sheets.pdf
Old 05-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by MRV99' post='591624' date='May 30 2008, 09:20 AM
The 04 Sport package will have Active Steering, Sport Seats, 18" staggared wheels, Sport Suspension(lowered) and has the shadow line trim so you should not have chrome around the windows. Instead it will be the Matte Black finish.

Here is the option sheet http://www.e60.net/information/2004_5_Seri...tion_Sheets.pdf
How do I identify active steering? I dont have another E60 for comparison, so I cant tell if it's lowered (ive always driven lowered cars so factory lowering still looks high to me) does shadowline apply to woodtrim? I thought that shadowline was a gloss black that replaces wood grain.

Thanks for your help!!
Old 05-30-2008, 08:59 AM
Senior Members

The shadow line trim refers to the trim around the windows on the outside of he car. As for active stearing, while sitting still in the car with it running, you will be abe to turn the stearing wheel lock to lock in about 1.5 rotation of the stearing wheel. For a better explination on active steering, do a search here or check the BMW site. I hpoe this helps
Old 05-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by e60lurker' post='591644' date='May 30 2008, 07:49 PM
How do I identify active steering? I dont have another E60 for comparison, so I cant tell if it's lowered (ive always driven lowered cars so factory lowering still looks high to me) does shadowline apply to woodtrim? I thought that shadowline was a gloss black that replaces wood grain.

Thanks for your help!!
One idea is that you take some pics (inside and outside) of the car you're interested in.

Forum members can for sure tell you if the car is genuine or not.

BTW. welcome to this fine Forum, e60lurker!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Members

Originally Posted by MRV99' post='591654' date='May 30 2008, 09:59 AM
The shadow line trim refers to the trim around the windows on the outside of he car. As for active stearing, while sitting still in the car with it running, you will be abe to turn the stearing wheel lock to lock in about 1.5 rotation of the stearing wheel. For a better explination on active steering, do a search here or check the BMW site. I hpoe this helps
Okay, I checked and the car does have the matte black around the window (exterior correct?) I will do some more research on the active steering.

Thanks for the help.

I can already tell that this is a great community/forum to be a part of.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Senior Members

Correct on the outside trim

Welcome to the forums!!!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Senior Members

Main Menu iDrive --> hit scroller down (center menu) ---> Entertainment Settings ---> L7
Old 05-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Members

My Ride: April 2004 BMW 520i

Originally Posted by MRV99' post='591624' date='May 30 2008, 06:20 PM
Wow !
Thanks very much for pointing me to this data sheet.
This is what I have been looking for a while now.
I searched the page (e60.net/information) for data more specific to my car, unfortunately didnt find it : I have a 2004 520i and it is not listed on that pdf file.

Does anyone know where I could get the same info (options list) about the 520i ?
I bought it a month ago from a BMW dealership here, and all they could give me was the extranet file, but is not very helpful.

Thanxalot !!!

Quick Reply: How is sport package/logic 7 sound identified?