E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

How often do you have a problem with your e60

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so i've posted a fair amount about some of the troubles i've had but when i think about it, it seems like too much has gone wrong in my first 1,000 miles of ownership. I bought my 05 545i sport with 49,500 miles about 6 weeks ago. in that time the following has occured.

New Tranny right off the bat
New stereo unit where you load cd's. (volume was sticking)
Recharge A/C

the car is now back in for:
Leaking radiator hose
Airbag Warning
Active Steering Warning - blinkers stopped working but then right before i take it in, everything is fine again...
Noise from A/C - they claim they have to take the entire dash off to replace the blower
New fuse panal - the passenger door light doesn't work and this is the only other thing they can figure it is.
Still issues with the stereo volume etc

thank god this has all been covered by warranty and since its so close they are doing this last service still on the warranty but i'm pretty concerned that this puppy might be a lemon. I did a carfax and it has no accidents and went through the entire service history with the SA and the car had only been in for regular service before i got it with the exception of a complaint of the tranny...

If i had to pay for all this so far it would be half the value of the car.

How often do you guys get to go in and visit your mechanic for problems like this?
Old 11-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Contributors

Mine now has 82,000+ miles and no problems so far.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Members

My Ride: 90 325i, 97 328i, 06 530i

Originally Posted by sluggoslinger' post='719257' date='Nov 12 2008, 01:55 PM
Ok so i've posted a fair amount about some of the troubles i've had but when i think about it, it seems like too much has gone wrong in my first 1,000 miles of ownership. I bought my 05 545i sport with 49,500 miles about 6 weeks ago. in that time the following has occured.

New Tranny right off the bat
New stereo unit where you load cd's. (volume was sticking)
Recharge A/C

the car is now back in for:
Leaking radiator hose
Airbag Warning
Active Steering Warning - blinkers stopped working but then right before i take it in, everything is fine again...
Noise from A/C - they claim they have to take the entire dash off to replace the blower
New fuse panal - the passenger door light doesn't work and this is the only other thing they can figure it is.
Still issues with the stereo volume etc

thank god this has all been covered by warranty and since its so close they are doing this last service still on the warranty but i'm pretty concerned that this puppy might be a lemon. I did a carfax and it has no accidents and went through the entire service history with the SA and the car had only been in for regular service before i got it with the exception of a complaint of the tranny...

If i had to pay for all this so far it would be half the value of the car.

How often do you guys get to go in and visit your mechanic for problems like this?
did you check service history before purchase? did it look like there were issues before purchase?
Old 11-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Members

I did, it wasn't really in for anything besides the oil changes, brakes and once for a complaint about the tranny...
Old 11-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550I M Sport, Premium pkg, Logic 7, Sport Automatic Trans, Paddle Shifters, Nav, Comfort Access, Rear Shades, Satellite, PDC

Only maintenance items here.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

not often 'cause I only use it on the weekends, well my daily problem right now is getting more mods for my 5er
Old 11-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Senior Members

Well the greeters at my dealership know me by first name but then again I own 2 BMW's which means twice the trips. HAHAHAHA The one up side is that i get to drive a bunch of different cars HAHA
Old 11-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Well, right now my transmission is acting up. It is like it has a mind of it's own (it probably does). Every now and then, the tranny shifts really rough. It's like the car gets jerked back, almost violently. It happens in 5 and 6 gear.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Members

Mine is playing up big time too. Computer decides to forget my settings and my fuel economy has gone from 30mpg to 20mpg!
Old 11-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Silver/Grey E60

I had my E60 about a year...

So far..

-Whole New Transmission
-Passenger Airbag Warning Recall
-Sunroof Noise fix
-New Door Seals
-Replaced entire radio
-ECU reprogram for transmisson bump
-"Increased Emissions" Warning Reset
-"Transmission Failsafe" Warning Reset (2 times)
-Replaced engine parts for grinding on cold starts

By the way im taking the car in again becuse the tranny is still acting up. ALL THIS and I still love my car. Its like an abusive relationship.

Quick Reply: How often do you have a problem with your e60