E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

How many Sport package 5's do you see on road?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 530goinon850' post='852464' date='Apr 20 2009, 08:31 AM
Suuuuure, DD, "even if they came free"... riiiiiiiiight, old boy, you sure are being as honest as Tony Blair oon war in Afganistan
Comfortable ride vs Hard ride, no contest. My previous car had OEM sports suspension, Sports Seats and 19" rims. It looked great of course but wasn't a comfortable ride so I was determined to avoid sports suspension that improved the handling only above a level that I don't drive at, and I don't go round corners so fast that I need the extra support of the sports seats, and as for the big rims - come on admit it, they're only for showing off aren't they. I chose the summer and winter rims I like the most how they look but they're 18" and 17" respectively. My wild modding days are behind me I want to get out of the car after a 9 hour drive without it feeling like an uncomfortable experience. I don't get that with my comfort seats and standard suspension. We gotta feel comfortable in these things, they're not race cars.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='852468' date='Apr 20 2009, 02:45 AM
Comfortable ride vs Hard ride, no contest. My previous car had OEM sports suspension, Sports Seats and 19" rims. It looked great of course but wasn't a comfortable ride so I was determined to avoid sports suspension that improved the handling only above a level that I don't drive at, and I don't go round corners so fast that I need the extra support of the sports seats, and as for the big rims - come on admit it, they're only for showing off aren't they. I chose the summer and winter rims I like the most how they look but they're 18" and 17" respectively. My wild modding days are behind me I want to get out of the car after a 9 hour drive without it feeling like an uncomfortable experience. I don't get that with my comfort seats and standard suspension. We gotta feel comfortable in these things, they're not race cars.

I too view my car as more of a grand tourer and Boulevard bomber, rather than a racer. That said, I have to have the razor-sharp precision of my sports setup. My wheels are 18s too though - I have an '06 Xi. But it is a stick shift and I do go fast sometimes. I'm planning to switch up to a 535i sport in the near future, which - in the States - I can get with the sport pk AND the comfort seats - which is the setup that I'll be looking for. And as for the suspension being too stiff - I personally would almost never say something like that, especially, if I lived in Germany. But you're right - in the sense that "to each his own". Plus, whatever the setup, an e60 is still the only car that's the middle ground between the "mere mortal" cars and the Quattroportes of this world - hence, it is IMHO way above just about anything else we see on the roads daily.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530goinon850' post='852475' date='Apr 20 2009, 09:10 AM
I too view my car as more of a grand tourer and Boulevard bomber, rather than a racer. That said, I have to have the razor-sharp precision of my sports setup. My wheels are 18s too though - I have an '06 Xi. But it is a stick shift and I do go fast sometimes. I'm planning to switch up to a 535i sport in the near future, which - in the States - I can get with the sport pk AND the comfort seats - which is the setup that I'll be looking for. And as for the suspension being too stiff - I personally would almost never say something like that, especially, if I lived in Germany. But you're right - in the sense of "to each his own". Plus, whatever the setup, an e60 is still the only car that's the middle ground between the "mere mortal" cars and the Quattroportes of this world - hence, it is IMHO way above just about anything else we see on the roads daily.
Weird thing is, this car feels razor-sharp and has less body roll than my previous "sports-setup" (Audi) car . I've never once thought "I wish I had a sports setup on this" while I'm driving it hard. Maybe the dynamic drive is responsible for that.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

Bumpers are the quickest and easiest to spot Dave

I reckon around 2 to 3 in 10 are sports models around here.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

When I lived in Frankfurt, Germany I would say it was 2 out of 10.
Here in Copenhagen, 0,5 out of 10 (-- that doesn't mean half a sports pack, just very few of them!)
Old 04-20-2009, 02:51 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

I have only seen like 3 545i, one of them without sport.

Mostly I see 525i's without sport.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:54 AM
Members

My Ride: Bmw 520i E60. Black with black leather , new lci headlights , M-Tech bumpers and M-Tech Side Skirts, M5 mirrows, 8,5 and 9,5 x 19` Org M6 wheels , Led rear lights, M-Tech steering wheel, M5 short shift, M5 foot rest, 2x2x90mm supersport exhaust, 50mm lower springs, shadowline, xenon 6000k, Led licens plate light, AC Schnitzer rear-lid spoiler.

In Jutland Denmark i see 33% sports and 67% non sports ..
Old 04-20-2009, 04:12 AM
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='852468' date='Apr 20 2009, 02:45 AM
I think you should own a Lexus instead. Non SP = Lexus = FAIL.

Most 5ers are Xi, Premium, and Navi. It's what most dealers order, since there is more profit in these options. Boring as hell though.

1:20 in these parts. 1:100 SP and manual transmission.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ObD' post='852559' date='Apr 20 2009, 02:12 PM
I think you should own a Lexus instead. Non SP = Lexus = FAIL.
You've driven an E60 without SP ? Believe me, it's no mushy Lexus garbage. It puts sport packages on other cars to shame.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:45 AM
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='852567' date='Apr 20 2009, 08:25 AM
You've driven an E60 without SP ? Believe me, it's no mushy Lexus garbage. It puts sport packages on other cars to shame.
Yes, all loaners at the dealer are non-SP. I disagree, it is mush. I've never heard anyone complain about the SP ride in my car. In fact, people are amazed.

Quick Reply: How many Sport package 5's do you see on road?