E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long does it take?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 06:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530D SE Touring, Titanium Grey, 122 Wheels, Pro Nav, Pro Phone, Pro Radio, Advanced Air, 6 Disc Autochanger, Dakota Black Leather, Auto, Panoramic Sunroof, De chrome, mats, Bi-xenons, PDC, Service inclusive and Tracker.

The 530D touring went in for a sunroof that would not shut, a lose rear seatbelt and the single cd would not work.
It went in for a day initially but was return as it needed a software upgrade to fix the problems? Then it wnet in for 2 days and had the software update and the seatbelt and sunroof fixed.
Next 2 more days for the cd player (6 disc) that was not broke! But they fixed it all the same. Still waiting for the single disc player so it was booked in this Monday and off it went. Monday night they call to say the cd player is broke!!! No sh**. So they need a new one from Bracknell (UK). Will be fixed Tuesday. Tuesday arrives but Bracknell don't have one so they need to get me one from Germany. I can not have the car back as they have took the dash out. It's ok though because they lend me a Toyota Corolla because they have no estate ot hatchback BMW cars to lend me. Not to worry though because it will be fixed by Thursday!
It's now Friday and guess what its still being fixed. They just told me that the cd player was broke and you have to take out the whole dash board to fix it but they got one from Bracknell so no need to worry.
Maybe you think I'm a moaner but 2 weeks off the road in the last 8 for nothing really. Concerns me that if there was a real problem I'd never see the car again. When I called I said that I think I used to own a BMW but I'm not really sure anymore! The wife and 3 kids + junk in a Toyota, well you can imagine it.
The wife wants the Audi back. Any one had similar problems? I know the software can take a while but minor issues like this?
Old 01-21-2005, 06:33 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i 6 speed

I had a similar experience. A one day fix ended up taking 6 days and a 2 day fix one week...

Jochen