E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Horrified with Delivery from BMWWHEELS.COM

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 06:28 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='363814' date='Dec 5 2006, 02:36 PM
I sent an email to bwmwheels.com (Chapman BMW of Scottsdale) explaining the problem. I tried to be polite as possible under the circumstances.

I also referred them to this link. Thanks for all of the kind comments. After the ordeal with the replicas, I am hoping to join you all as a happy owner of OEM #166 wheels.

I will report back when I hear from them.

How on earth can an allegidly reputable package delivery service deliver parcels looking like that - and then just dump it on your door step?! It's bad enough that they weren't packed appropriately by the supplier, but that delivery is knowingly way out of line :thumbsdown:

Anyway, you have a very good case in my eyes and I would expect the supplier to deliver you a mint set ASAP and collect the damaged goods they sent you. The supplier should be dealing with this mess, not you.

Good luck with it all and I hope you get it sorted soon.

Cheers
Old 12-05-2006, 07:16 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Orient Blue

That is just wrong. I'm shocked that UPS actually left it. You practically have to beg them to leave something at your door nowadays.

Definitely be patient, they are in the wrong and work with them to get this matter straightened out.

Good luck.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i Sport, Mystic Blue

call UPS and start a damage claim, then if they do not pick up the damaged wheels and send replacement, then file a claim with your credit card company, because you have done everything you can and only they can do the right thing.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Members

Don't know what else to say to make you feel not so bad. Hope everything goes well with the situation.

I learned something everyday.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Contributors

I too am surprised that UPS left the package without my being there. First, I had sent an email to bmwwheels.com asking them to require signature because I was expecting delivery around Thanksgiving when I would not be there. They ended up taking a lot longer to deliver the package, and they disregarded my request for signature delivery.

Second, the UPS truck left the wheels in my back yard. They put a note on my front door stating, "left in back." I too always hope they will leave things without my being there, but they never will, except this time. Two of the boxes were very damaged, and two of the boxes were only slightly damaged. All four wheels have some chips on them (some more than others).

At least when I bought the replicas, they were nicely packaged with cardboard covering front and back with tape around them to hold the cardboard in place. The replicas did not have one chip in them.

I sent the emails to bmwwheel.com last night. I have not heard from them today.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d, Silver Grey, Beige Leather, PDC, Sun Blinds On Order LCI 523iA, Jet Black, Beige Leather, Heated Seats, Rear Sun Blinds, Bluetooth, M Steering Wheel

In my books no signature obtained by UPS means no Proof of Delivery hence, say you have not received the shipment ask for replacements (for all you know someone pinched them from outside your house). Bag the damaged set get them refurbed and sell them on !
Old 12-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Orient Blue

monaco, someone else mentioned filing a claim with your credit card, I know that Amex has superb customer service when it comes to this. Hopefully you chose this as the option to purchase the wheels with because it's a beautiful thing when you deny the charge and let the vendor deal with Amex to try to get their money back.

Keep us posted.. really sorry!
Old 12-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by bimmeRC' post='363926' date='Dec 5 2006, 02:38 PM
call UPS and start a damage claim, then if they do not pick up the damaged wheels and send replacement, then file a claim with your credit card company, because you have done everything you can and only they can do the right thing.
I wouldn't get involved with UPS -- you're not the shipper. You should deal directly with bmwwheels.com (the actual shipper) and if they don't agree to ship replacements and have UPS pickup the damaged wheels, then you need to dispute the charge with your credit card company.

If you get directly involved with UPS, it'll only "muddy the waters" and cause more confusion since you're not UPS's customer in this case...
Old 12-05-2006, 05:56 PM
Members

I also just got my delivery of 124's from bmwwheels.com and was also surprised to see the packaging - mine were also not double boxed. They were packaged exactly like yours but by pure luck it looks like UPS was a little more careful with mine, as only one of the boxes has a little damage, and the wheels are in good shape. I have to say I'm not a happy customer, they took way too long to ship, and the packaging is not adequate for a $1300 set of wheels. I don't think I'll buy from them again :thumbsdown:
Old 12-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by octee' post='363872' date='Dec 6 2006, 12:16 AM
That is just wrong. I'm shocked that UPS actually left it. You practically have to beg them to leave something at your door nowadays.

Definitely be patient, they are in the wrong and work with them to get this matter straightened out.

Good luck.
that is right you have to beg to ask them to leave the goods on the floor but they will never do that in HK same for DHL too

Quick Reply: Horrified with Delivery from BMWWHEELS.COM