E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: carbonized MB coupe
Angry

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='688842' date='Oct 9 2008, 04:11 AM
Yes... i will indeed this time...
Thinking to get the red one but need to wait a week or so, will keep u guys updated

YEAH, LET US KNOW.

I sat in a Lexus GS350 at the Ocean terminal, a so called 5 series rival and was shocked.

apart from a comfy padded arm-rest, the car was the exact opp of what we are used to.

i mean sitting in the rear you can't even stick your feet under the front passenger seat, the front e seats
speed and head room were all lacking.... even the boot release only comes up 2inches, and not like ours.
and this is supposed to be a competitor car to a E60???? no way man, and the 690k hybrid, why would you buy it?

and the Rx SUV, ithe nterior was like an old civic, utterly of no use at all in HK.

DAMN- wife seriously curbed my front wheel OUCH!!!!!! all 12inchs circumference of screwed up rim
Old 10-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by billhk' post='691430' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:59 AM
YEAH, LET US KNOW.

I sat in a Lexus GS350 at the Ocean terminal, a so called 5 series rival and was shocked.

apart from a comfy padded arm-rest, the car was the exact opp of what we are used to.

i mean sitting in the rear you can't even stick your feet under the front passenger seat, the front e seats
speed and head room were all lacking.... even the boot release only comes up 2inches, and not like ours.
and this is supposed to be a competitor car to a E60???? no way man, and the 690k hybrid, why would you buy it?

and the Rx SUV, ithe nterior was like an old civic, utterly of no use at all in HK.

DAMN- wife seriously curbed my front wheel OUCH!!!!!! all 12inchs circumference of screwed up rim
I've been told my red scoop has been dispatched, can't wait to be the first white mice
however, my car has the auto flapping vents behind the front grills (Designed for the cold area, Norway...etc), so the first thing before i install the red scoop is to remove the flapping vent first, maybe i will need to take off the front bumper Ar Kin's time

GS is no way can compare with E class or 5 series, nor its interior, performance or handling
I hate sitting at the rear of my friends IS 250, totally ridiculous leg room, even a young man like me can't easily get in and out of the car!! Much worst than the old civic! But i got to say it is the most quietest small sadan i've ever sitted tho...

Sad to hear your spouse kurbed ur wheel again, fancy a wheel refurb GB? As you know three of my wheels have been badly kurbed
Old 10-12-2008, 11:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='691543' date='Oct 13 2008, 02:42 PM
I've been told my red scoop has been dispatched, can't wait to be the first white mice
however, my car has the auto flapping vents behind the front grills (Designed for the cold area, Norway...etc), so the first thing before i install the red scoop is to remove the flapping vent first, maybe i will need to take off the front bumper Ar Kin's time

GS is no way can compare with E class or 5 series, nor its interior, performance or handling
I hate sitting at the rear of my friends IS 250, totally ridiculous leg room, even a young man like me can't easily get in and out of the car!! Much worst than the old civic! But i got to say it is the most quietest small sadan i've ever sitted tho...

Sad to hear your spouse kurbed ur wheel again, fancy a wheel refurb GB? As you know three of my wheels have been badly kurbed
When you will be Ar Kin's there? I also feel interesting.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='691543' date='Oct 13 2008, 01:42 AM

in some HK newspaper they placed the hybrid version GS above the 530i and 3rd was E350, so that irritated me,
bloodie geeks,

Did you change your ripped tyre yet?
Lexus are for geeks and small people
my rims are stainless steel, let me know when you're gonna do the refurb.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by ricky1329' post='691556' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:18 AM
When you will be Ar Kin's there? I also feel interesting.
I'll need to wait for the scoops to arrive, probably on Friday. figers crossed
Will post pics when the scoop arrived
Old 10-13-2008, 12:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by billhk' post='691430' date='Oct 13 2008, 12:59 PM
YEAH, LET US KNOW.

had a look 2 months ago and ya the car is only for bisness people and not for us.
The car is very comfeable but not good to drive like the MB
Old 10-13-2008, 12:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by billhk' post='691430' date='Oct 13 2008, 12:59 PM
Sorry to hear that
This is why I don't get expensive rim cos I know 100% my dad will curbed them.
If it was my own car only, then I will fork out $30k for rims

any picks of the curb rim
Old 10-13-2008, 12:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by billhk' post='691558' date='Oct 13 2008, 07:24 AM
in some HK newspaper they placed the hybrid version GS above the 530i and 3rd was E350, so that irritated me,
bloodie geeks,

Did you change your ripped tyre yet?
Lexus are for geeks and small people
my rims are stainless steel, let me know when you're gonna do the refurb.
Thanks all the PMs Bill!!! I will let my mate knows and get back to you soon!

Not yet , i am thinking to change all 4 tyres to Dulop Z01 or just change the ripped tyre? The old tyres are still very new (less than 2 year old)
Old 10-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='691543' date='Oct 13 2008, 02:42 PM
when will you go down?
I will come down when you install it.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='691567' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:20 PM
Thanks all the PMs Bill!!! I will let my mate knows and get back to you soon!

Not yet , i am thinking to change all 4 tyres to Dulop Z01 or just change the ripped tyre? The old tyres are still very new (less than 2 year old)
You should change in pair. Two rears or two fronts at the same time for safety reason.

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum