E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 02:15 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hvn't heard from Breced in a while, wonder if he has put on any more new mods Im up for a meet, my email : carsonho88@yahoo.com

Let's get a poll going: Do you live on HKG side or KLN side or NT

This might help get coordination started. For me, Im on HKG side
Old 09-12-2005, 07:53 AM
Members

My Ride: MY2005 E60 545iA (Delivered 10th September 2005), Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Maple wood Sycamore Anthracite. Mods done: M-Kit, ACS racing type IV 9.0JX20" and 10.0JX20" on Michelin PS2 front 255/30/20 and rear 295/25/20. Mods to come: ACS suspension set, ACS trunk spoiler, ACS roof spoiler, ACS alu foot pedals, ACS exhaust, M5 trunk finisher, M5 Mirror or ACS Mirror.
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Bunbun' date='Sep 12 2005, 04:49 PM
Hello and welcome Ah Jai?

I think we hv two 545 on this HK board now, wslam has the other one.? Regarding warranty, I think as long as you leave out the electronics and engine parts, you should be ok.? But of course it's safest to consult with your service manager first b4 doing anything.? Rims are for sure ok no problem as far as I know.

We can hv a local e60 meet wor since now we hv more hk members? ? gf366 and I had been talking about this for over a year now.

I just dropped off my car for scheduled service, notice a lot more new 3-series

Bunbun.
[snapback]169641[/snapback]

Hey guys, thanks for having me here! I had this question because I was reading the terms and condition of the warranty contract. In it, it claims that both the manufacturer and distributor warranty will be null and void if any components or modifications were made to the car outside BMW HK. So that threw me off a bit because I was planning to put M5 wheels, M-kit, H&R coilovers, and so on.... Anyway, I will ask my sales or service manager (though I havent met him) to be safe. Don't know if you guys are interested but here are a few quick photos that I took on Saturday night after I got the car.

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum-dscf0960a.jpg
Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum-dscf0957a.jpg
Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum-dscf0963a.jpg
Old 09-12-2005, 08:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 Silver Grey 523i | Step, M-Kit, M5 Trunk Finisher, 19" ACS Type IV Wheels, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/35/19, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood Sycamore Anthracite, Advanced Climate Control, Electric rear sunblind, Electric folding mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle, Lights package, PDC, Rain sensor, Business Radio, CD Changer

Originally Posted by AhJai' date='Sep 12 2005, 11:53 PM
Hey guys, thanks for having me here! I had this question because I was reading the terms and condition of the warranty contract. In it, it claims that both the manufacturer and distributor warranty will be null and void if any components or modifications were made to the car outside BMW HK. So that threw me off a bit because I was planning to put M5 wheels, M-kit, H&R coilovers, and so on.... Anyway, I will ask my sales or service manager (though I havent met him) to be safe. Don't know if you guys are interested but here are a few quick photos that I took on Saturday night after I got the car.
[snapback]169712[/snapback]
Great looking car!! Especially with the Silver Gray color! heheh...good taste.

I don't think changing the wheel nor the bodykit will void the warranty, as I had done with my previous E46, they still service my car and honor all the warranty claims.

Welcome to the wonderful HK E60 world.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:25 AM
Senior Members

Ah Jai

If you're on HKG side and have no particular service manager, you can ask for Brian Lai. He knows me well and Im sure he'll give you good service and advice. Tell him you're a friend of Carson Ho and license plate GH625, the orient blue 520i.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Senior Members

[/quote]

Attachment 10379
Attachment 10378
Attachment 10380
[snapback]169712[/snapback]
[/quote]

For your information, I'd talked with the mechanics and service manager at the Kowloon serivce center. It's quite concrete that changing wheels would not affect the warranty, especially if you are going w/ OEM BMW wheels.

For all other mods such as body kit, coilover, springs, etc... It WILL affect your car's warranty to a certain degree. For example, if you get aftermarket springs, you'll void for sure the suspension warranty, plus possibly some other parts. If you get bodykits, the service manager told me it might be "possibly" void some kinda warranty, but he didn't specify.

Of course, if you are really interested in getting bodykits and suspension, you may always buy OEM BMW parts or AC Schnitzer parts straight from BMW HK. In this case, all your mods will covered by warranty as well.

Therefore, bodykit options are limited to M tech and ACS. Suspension/springs option would only be limited to ACS.

Hope it helps!
Old 09-12-2005, 09:50 PM
Members

My Ride: MY2005 E60 545iA (Delivered 10th September 2005), Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Maple wood Sycamore Anthracite. Mods done: M-Kit, ACS racing type IV 9.0JX20" and 10.0JX20" on Michelin PS2 front 255/30/20 and rear 295/25/20. Mods to come: ACS suspension set, ACS trunk spoiler, ACS roof spoiler, ACS alu foot pedals, ACS exhaust, M5 trunk finisher, M5 Mirror or ACS Mirror.

Thanks for all of your advises. I would perfer to do all of my mods with BMW HK but since my car is new, I would have to pay like 100% tax on everything within 6 months of first registration right?... And I don't think I could stand the car being so bare for 6 months, so that's why I was thinking of getting around the tax issue by having it done outside. Anyway, I will ask the service manager for more details.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:48 AM
Senior Members

congrats, ahjai ! very nice car . hope to see some interior and daytime pics .
Old 09-14-2005, 01:19 AM
Members

Hopefully I'll pick up my E60 523i this weekend Looking forward to participate actively in the sub-forum
Old 09-14-2005, 01:51 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sliu_uu' date='Sep 14 2005, 03:19 AM
Hopefully I'll pick up my E60 523i this weekend? ? Looking forward to participate actively in the sub-forum?
[snapback]170329[/snapback]
Welcome aboard
Old 09-14-2005, 01:55 AM
Senior Members

Now it's time for me to make a decision...

The 24months warranty/maintance program is going to be finished soon, should I pay another $18000 something for another year of warranty/maintance package?

I need some advise from you guys!

(FYI, I've done the bodykit and springs outside BMK HK already)

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum