E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 06:16 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 Silver Grey 523i | Step, M-Kit, M5 Trunk Finisher, 19" ACS Type IV Wheels, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/35/19, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood Sycamore Anthracite, Advanced Climate Control, Electric rear sunblind, Electric folding mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle, Lights package, PDC, Rain sensor, Business Radio, CD Changer

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='203438
I thought our driver and most other drivers in China drove very efficiently...using every inch of road space and communicated very well enabling them to walk a fine line between themselves and the thousands of bicycles also sharing the road.
I have a driver's license in China, but I don't think I would drive there, at least not in the city. People drive so close to each other and make PDC seems like a crazy idea, and none of those cars have PDC.

Anyways you should come to HK and see. Is a totally different driving environment, crazy too but people still know a little about traffic laws.
[/quote]

We drive much more better than the drivers' in China. They drive in the opposite lane even though there are oncoming traffic coming, make a U-turn in the busiest street in the city/highway, drive into the highway from a partly finshied ramp..........etc

HK people driving behavior is better except for taxi driver, bus driver, minibus driver, van drivers, truck drivers........
Old 11-25-2005, 06:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Actually bus driver from KMB generally drives better than driver from Citybus or NWFB. Those bus driver from the Hong Kong side are crazy.

Big trucks are polite because of their size, is those 5.5 ton and Chicken truck I hate the most.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I hate all truck drivers! One truck driver ruined it all for everyone. I have no respect for them.

to make it short. slow merge onto another freeway. 2 lanes into 1. I was head to head with him the whole time and when we reached the merge he kept pusing me to the shoulder!!!! expecting me to stop in the middle of the lane and let his F-ing 18 wheels past first! SO yes he ran 3/4 of my car off into the shoulder and i was like 1 foot before I was going to hit the side of the curb. I honked he didnt care and then when i did get into the lane he high beams me and kept it on in my face! THAT Mother F-er I hope he has ran off the road and died already.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Only one bad trucker will do it, is like the thing with MB, one bad driver and I think all of them drive bad and buy the car to show off..... Well actually from all these years of observation, I am 99.9% correct thus I choose E60 over E anything from MB.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Ah trucks do no good... cause traffic jams, traffic accidents, slows me down, ruins the road, pollutes the air, burn too much gas... see no good.

And ALL they do is deliver goods.

Too many minuses for one positive. HAHAHAH
Old 11-26-2005, 11:49 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='203684' date='Nov 26 2005, 08:38 PM
Ah trucks do no good... cause traffic jams, traffic accidents, slows me down, ruins the road, pollutes the air, burn too much gas... see no good.

guess what was used to transport and deliver your car
Old 11-26-2005, 12:09 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 700700' post='203689

guess what was used to transport and deliver your car
[/quote]

Santa's little helper?
Old 11-27-2005, 06:26 AM
Senior Members

Ok guys

Is this the place for our BBQ meet on the 4th? I went there this morning just to scout things out. It's rather nice. Let me know if this isn't the place.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum-bbq.jpg  
Old 11-27-2005, 10:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 Silver Grey 523i | Step, M-Kit, M5 Trunk Finisher, 19" ACS Type IV Wheels, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/35/19, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood Sycamore Anthracite, Advanced Climate Control, Electric rear sunblind, Electric folding mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle, Lights package, PDC, Rain sensor, Business Radio, CD Changer

Originally Posted by Bunbun' post='203899' date='Nov 27 2005, 11:26 PM
Ok guys

Is this the place for our BBQ meet on the 4th? I went there this morning just to scout things out. It's rather nice. Let me know if this isn't the place.

Cheers
Oops...that's not the place. The one we are going is closer to Ma On Shan than Sai Kung. If you go from Ma On Shan, after you pass the Ma On Shan KCR Wu Kai Sha Station, you will see a sign pointing you to the BBQ place.

So, what time are we going to meet? Or just like last time, we meet somewhere in Kowloon and drive in together. How many do we have in total now? I saw GF366 on MSN sometime ago and seems like he is ok on the 4th.

Input please.
Attached Thumbnails Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum-bbq.jpg  
Old 11-27-2005, 02:41 PM
Senior Members

Ah! Good thing I asked, would hv gone to the wrong place. The place I went to also got BBQ facilities right next to it. Now I know where ! So what time are we to meet up there?

See u guys on the 4th. Anyone still hasn't got the grill installed? Yesterday I saw two M5s on the road. It's getting not so rare now...haha.

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum