E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 05:46 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by Bunbun' post='318560' date='Aug 3 2006, 09:43 PM
Is it like a very high pitch squeal when folding them in? If so, I hv that too on my driver side. I asked BMWHK to fix it but they overlooked it Hv to remind them again on my next visit which should be soon because I also get squealing brake in the rear.
Yeah that's the noise, on the driver side too what do you know. It squeals after the mirror is all the way folded in as if it is continuing to fold in.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='318562' date='Aug 3 2006, 07:46 AM
Yeah that's the noise, on the driver side too what do you know. It squeals after the mirror is all the way folded in as if it is continuing to fold in.
Yes, that's the noise, can be quite embarassing sometimes when others are nearby... I guess it's a common problem huh?
Old 08-03-2006, 08:30 AM
Members

Anyone changed xenon lights? Do u know if the I drive will pop out warning lights?

If anyone has AC front lip on , mind to post a pic? Thinking btw the full M sport kit or just the lip, coz I am quite ok with the side and back of the original.....

Thnx!
Old 08-03-2006, 08:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by Bunbun' post='318565' date='Aug 3 2006, 10:00 PM
Yes, that's the noise, can be quite embarassing sometimes when others are nearby... I guess it's a common problem huh?
Now that I've mentioned it, it seems that you, Lawrence and me have the same problem. But mine is fixed haha..
Old 08-03-2006, 08:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Simply Bimmer' post='318608' date='Aug 4 2006, 12:30 AM
Anyone changed xenon lights? Do u know if the I drive will pop out warning lights?

If anyone has AC front lip on , mind to post a pic? Thinking btw the full M sport kit or just the lip, coz I am quite ok with the side and back of the original.....

Thnx!
check out other post for ACS front lip. As i know none of us has ACS front lip.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Simply Bimmer' post='318608' date='Aug 4 2006, 12:30 AM

Thnx!
I am okay with the side and rear too, but only getting the front is not cheap either so go for the full kit if you decided to do it.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='318519' date='Aug 3 2006, 05:51 PM
I have to remember my ODO everytime I take the car in for service.
They should have ur odo reading printed on the repair order form issued when u dropped off the car.
Shouldn't it be safer to have ur car serviced at Chai Wan? Cos they have less roads available to them for 'testing' purposes. On avg, u need to spend more than a few hrs to cover 60kms of road distance on HK Island.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 Silver Grey 523i | Step, M-Kit, M5 Trunk Finisher, 19" ACS Type IV Wheels, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/35/19, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood Sycamore Anthracite, Advanced Climate Control, Electric rear sunblind, Electric folding mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle, Lights package, PDC, Rain sensor, Business Radio, CD Changer

Originally Posted by clarence' post='318659' date='Aug 4 2006, 02:17 AM
They should have ur odo reading printed on the repair order form issued when u dropped off the car.
Shouldn't it be safer to have ur car serviced at Chai Wan? Cos they have less roads available to them for 'testing' purposes. On avg, u need to spend more than a few hrs to cover 60kms of road distance on HK Island.
No, whenever they do anykind of road test, they always "test" for quite a long distance. When I took it in for the wheel vibrating issues, they used up a quarter of the gas when I have my car back.

I got the mirror noise too, so that's a common one. I will have it fixed when I take it in for service next time.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by clarence' post='318659' date='Aug 4 2006, 02:17 AM
Yes they do have it printed, but you give them the repair order before they bring the car down so you still got to remember it one way or the other, anyways this is just a figure of speech. The point is they use a lot of km to test your car after a repair which leds me to think they are using your car for some other purpose.

Bringing the car to Chai Wan is not good for me as I live on the Kowloon side. I dun need to worry about this problem for a couple of years as I decided not to extend the warranty so they wouldn't be touching my car for a couple of years.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='318799' date='Aug 3 2006, 09:12 PM
Yes they do have it printed, but you give them the repair order before they bring the car down so you still got to remember it one way or the other, anyways this is just a figure of speech. The point is they use a lot of km to test your car after a repair which leds me to think they are using your car for some other purpose.

Bringing the car to Chai Wan is not good for me as I live on the Kowloon side. I dun need to worry about this problem for a couple of years as I decided not to extend the warranty so they wouldn't be touching my car for a couple of years.
Not extending your warranty? You're a brave soul, I recall BMWHK quoting me close to $100K to fix my old 730i. After that experience, I swear to myself I will keep extending the warranty for as long as they offer it....haha.

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum