E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by kcleung
...or outrun keith on tms in his 530
or your 323i at TMS
Old 01-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

saw you car on tues, going up chui lam hill,
actually it looked quite menacing with those breytons!

Originally Posted by pinguhk
or your 323i at TMS
Old 01-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by billhk
saw you car on tues, going up chui lam hill,
actually it looked quite menacing with those breytons!
LOL that will be my dad driving
Old 01-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 520i E60 in Amethyst Gray

he has a pro racer from finland to help him mod the car
For the money he spent on that car, he can buy many exotic with change. I wonder if he crashes it, will the insurance company still cover it ? Wish him luck.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Contributors

he was a f maniac, like a drifter

LOL that will be my dad driving
Old 01-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Contributors

hope he does not crash it or be crashed into, the liabilities are huge, the first thing to go will be the flat.....repay mortgage in full, then bank asset freeze.....a nightmare.
next time i will buy a model with the brakes and power and just mod the body.....

from my research, hardly anyone informs their insurance company, for my renewal i already faxed
my new wheel receipts and certs to HSBC insurance, they said they can refuse to pay out if they are not informed anything, but that depends on the quality of the part installed, so if you put on expensive high quality wheels then no probs, but for engine mods, no chance at any cost unless type approved by transport dept.Funny enough they included an "Anti theft device must be installed" clause which is a bugger because it was a 12k option with MB, i don't think i have one, only an immobiliser and a infra red deadlock, they said it had to be a combination of 3 parts including an audible alarm.
do any of your cars make any audible alarm or just flash the hazzard lights???

i think it is really strict in China, when they check your car before you sell it, if your tyres are even wider than stock then they block the sale and if inspected they can request your car to be restored to original stock spec, within a time limit, that is according to our 550i E60 Shenzhen buddy

Originally Posted by deriffic
For the money he spent on that car, he can buy many exotic with change. I wonder if he crashes it, will the insurance company still cover it ? Wish him luck.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Senior Members

or your 323i at TMS
ur too kind, round corners, i might be able to keep up but once on the straight, i would just eat dust, keith has more potential and talent.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by deriffic
Some ppl are like that.
have loads of $$$ and just what to mod mid class cars and not get exotic.
insurance company will never cover his car but he has 1 and I bet he will never claim the insurance company, unless he hit a government object.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Contributors

he was a f maniac, like a drifter
I like
Old 01-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Contributors

hope he does not crash it or be crashed into, the liabilities are huge, the first thing to go will be the flat.....repay mortgage in full, then bank asset freeze.....a nightmare.
next time i will buy a model with the brakes and power and just mod the body.....

from my research, hardly anyone informs their insurance company, for my renewal i already faxed
my new wheel receipts and certs to HSBC insurance, they said they can refuse to pay out if they are not informed anything, but that depends on the quality of the part installed, so if you put on expensive high quality wheels then no probs, but for engine mods, no chance at any cost unless type approved by transport dept.Funny enough they included an "Anti theft device must be installed" clause which is a bugger because it was a 12k option with MB, i don't think i have one, only an immobiliser and a infra red deadlock, they said it had to be a combination of 3 parts including an audible alarm.
do any of your cars make any audible alarm or just flash the hazzard lights???

i think it is really strict in China, when they check your car before you sell it, if your tyres are even wider than stock then they block the sale and if inspected they can request your car to be restored to original stock spec, within a time limit, that is according to our 550i E60 Shenzhen buddy
"Anti theft device must be installed" no way some 523 lci and 525 lci EAG cars have no alarm on them

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum