E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by kcleung
A lot of traffic on the road this am and we were running late for daughters interview so I had to step on it when the rd was clear. the back end kicked out and did a power slide when exiting a sharp corner. kids loved it but got some bollocking from the boss
wow
be safe with the kids.
change to 245 tyres then it will be harder to spin.
I went out last night to pick up the kids and it was raining and the tyres did there job very well, no slide or wheel spin.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Senior Members

they are safe in their super baby seats and more importantly in my hands

in general, fatter the tyres, the easier to aquaplane but of course the tread pattern is an important factor for wet performance

ps, dont trust the dtc w your life, I tried and had to lift in order to bring the rear end back in

Originally Posted by pinguhk
wow
be safe with the kids.
change to 245 tyres then it will be harder to spin.
I went out last night to pick up the kids and it was raining and the tyres did there job very well, no slide or wheel spin.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Contributors

they are safe in their super baby seats and more importantly in my hands

in general, fatter the tyres, the easier to aquaplane but of course the tread pattern is an important factor for wet performance

ps, dont trust the dtc w your life, I tried and had to lift in order to bring the rear end back in
yeah the dtc not 100% good or fun.
Most of the time I just lift off too.

BTW how did the interview go.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Senior Members

given its the first interview and there was hardly any time for the kid to settle in, it went well I think. hard to predict the result though, there are so many applicants this year, it will be worse next year.

its a big kudo to bmw on the cars safe handling, in older design, lifting in the middle of a power slide would usually result in a pigeon spin.

Originally Posted by pinguhk
yeah the dtc not 100% good or fun.
Most of the time I just lift off too.

BTW how did the interview go.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

lets do some drifting next time, put some tyre wax on the tyre treads in a big carpark
and act like you're the demon drifter!!!

given its the first interview and there was hardly any time for the kid to settle in, it went well I think. hard to predict the result though, there are so many applicants this year, it will be worse next year.

its a big kudo to bmw on the cars safe handling, in older design, lifting in the middle of a power slide would usually result in a pigeon spin.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:56 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by billhk
lets do some drifting next time, put some tyre wax on the tyre treads in a big carpark
u crazy.....burn money!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

A lot of traffic on the road this am and we were running late for daughters interview so I had to step on it when the rd was clear. the back end kicked out and did a power slide when exiting a sharp corner. kids loved it but got some bollocking from the boss
Seems we are same kind of person
road are slippery today so i switched off the DTC and let it have abit of wheel spin for fun
Old 11-05-2010, 02:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by Small Tomato
I would be interested in this product if beige colour (to fit my interior colour code) is available.
count you in
But guys, i have exhibition coming up so dont expect this GB will be ready in one or two weeks,
but i will try to call up BMW to check up the price.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:18 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Small Tomato
+1
Perhaps the uneven disc or uneven brake pad wear out ...
Really?? but seems only the steering wheels shake when braking
Old 11-05-2010, 02:46 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by billhk
lol sounds fun

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum