E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by billhk
Captain 19, did u get the i-pads?

how about getting Jacky the Captain 16 to be a captain 18 or 19?
you are his master
haha... i tend to keep the 16 until the tyre finish
but i will try hard to accelerate the process
Old 10-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by HKBIMMER
I got a red one, its called something Rosso Modiale dunno the name, but the color is very similar to the Ferrari Red. I think there are very few Red ones in HK not to mention probably the only one in HK in that model... I know there are many Blue, Silver and Black and recently saw a yellow one too.
post some pic please
Old 10-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Contributors

Well I got mine straight from Italian Motors, it was not listed on 28cars, didn't really trust the guys in the Wan Chai second hand dealers either. So ended up purchasing at the Ferrari/Maserati dealer in hk which also had all the service records of the car and also came with warranty, and have very low miles. So I bought it from them, their service was remarkable and they also gave me some discount on the car.
congrats on the new ride, it's a very hot one!
Old 10-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by JackyOr
if you dont push the car hard the tyres will last for 3 years+ so you will not wast money on the wheels then because you will change the car then soon. (or are you planing to drive it for 6 years)
dont forget if you get good wheels and not rep you can get about 50% back
this is why I went for GTS and not the reps this time. I have been getting rep for over 10 years now and will not get them again cost the bigger brands wheels have started to come down in price and cansell after, unlike reps which is worthless.
This is why I got the wheels within the 1st year so by the time I sell the car in 3 years time you can buy my wheels off me.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by etchu
congrats on the new ride, it's a very hot one!
yeah this Maserati is the best 1 out of all of them, the rest i would just not touch them.
the look is close to AM DB9 which I love more, the engine is the best sound can hear it from 3 streets away
Old 10-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Well I got mine straight from Italian Motors, it was not listed on 28cars, didn't really trust the guys in the Wan Chai second hand dealers either. So ended up purchasing at the Ferrari/Maserati dealer in hk which also had all the service records of the car and also came with warranty, and have very low miles. So I bought it from them, their service was remarkable and they also gave me some discount on the car.
DD, you bought the Gran Turismo at the end??
Thats one of the best looking cars on the market right now...
Old 10-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by ricky1329
Keith, your ride is really crazy after repair the leakage; change back the spark plug; AK used the computer to clear some codes, active steering drive and registration your battery. But still have the Adaptive headlight fault which is too pricey to fix, I tested drive and found it rev up really fast out of expected, chassis is stiff than normal, may relative to wonder bars, but I have some planning about reinforcement chassis. Haha. Your EBC brake pads performance is quite strange, harder in normal speed, but softer in high speed.
Thanks Ricky for letting me know
So my car really rev up faster compare with yours? Even we have the same engine?

Do the wonder bars mod man, which will stiffen up the chassis and provide more feedback of the car's movements.

The EBC brake pads is abit wired i know, you will really need to slam on the brake if you want it to stop, but once the pads gets into the tempeture, they are rarely fade or anything, so its not too bad to be honest.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JackyOr
Do you need some help of finishing your tyres,
i think gangs in here are more than happy to help in your situation
Old 10-21-2010, 06:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pinguhk
a new update on vincent car
he has sold it for 140k which sounds about right for a 2004 525i
that is 60k less within 1 year from my car wow that a big drop
140K sounds ok, but i wouldnt sell it lower than 150K tho,

Who is Vincent btw? Sorry
Old 10-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
Thanks Ricky for letting me know
So my car really rev up faster compare with yours? Even we have the same engine?

Do the wonder bars mod man, which will stiffen up the chassis and provide more feedback of the car's movements.

The EBC brake pads is abit wired i know, you will really need to slam on the brake if you want it to stop, but once the pads gets into the tempeture, they are rarely fade or anything, so its not too bad to be honest.
May be the same but exhaust sound in different which mislead the feeling. I still felt your rev up faster than me although in same engine.

I would not go to 3 party one for reinforcement chassis. haha

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum