E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by billhk
guys and anyone who's gonna buy the F10 or MB or Audi with the new industry standard enclosed/sealed computer controlled engine fan etc,.

my car is off the road......due to a computer problem, wait for it caused by
attaching leds!!!! wtf!
it appears the led is not taking enough power and that power is causing overload somwhere else leading
to a override to switch off the air-con and engine fan and coolant warnings......

so is this the end of electrical modding??????

resetting using version star diagnose 7 (Windows 7?) doesn't help.
can't use leds, what a disappointment!
Bill, even the led draw less power, the power system should not override the other devices then shut them down.
You can add some loaded resistor for help if like your description. Actually, I don't know you changed the led from which parts. More details may help.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ricky1329
Bill, even the led draw less power, the power system should not override the other devices then shut them down.
You can add some loaded resistor for help if like your description. Actually, I don't know you changed the led from which parts. More details may help.

Let the King help you Bill!
Old 07-21-2010, 11:49 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mark_hk
Call me if need help
Old 07-21-2010, 11:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

if you read correctly, the new engine fans are sealed, for less cd drag, this applies to the F10 as well,all that energy (brake regenerating and that direct charged injection etc)saving crap is creating more computer work.
yeah u guys are right, just change everything to led and you probably save all that anyway.
i inserted the oem hella, but stardiag cannot reduce the elec supply, so more unused power (very small is going somewhere, maybe back to the computer) maybe i need the king of electrics to help me.

Audi- i heard you can download and use a usb to stick it in now???

leds- the only probs i had from the ones u fitted Captain was it caused one rear bulb to blow and also the light under the steering column to be unlit, bmw computer had it on the list, nothing else.
with Ricky's i had no problem at all.

i just hope these guys don't use crap Windows 7 or super crappy Vista to do anything................

anyhow i made them change the fan anyway, and will get my car back today, i think they were glad to get
song bill out quickly, nothing is worse than having a song car maniac stuck in their place!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by mark_hk
Old 07-22-2010, 12:13 AM
Contributors

if you read correctly, the new engine fans are sealed, for less cd drag, this applies to the F10 as well,all that energy (brake regenerating and that direct charged injection etc)saving crap is creating more computer work.
yeah u guys are right, just change everything to led and you probably save all that anyway.
i inserted the oem hella, but stardiag cannot reduce the elec supply, so more unused power (very small is going somewhere, maybe back to the computer) maybe i need the king of electrics to help me.

leds- the only probs i had from the ones u fitted Captain was it caused one rear bulb to blow and also the light under the steering column to be unlit, bmw computer had it on the list, nothing else.

i just hope these guys don't use crap Windows 7 or super crappy Vista to do anything................

anyhow i made them change the fan anyway, and will get my car back today, i think they were glad to get
song bill out quickly, nothing is worse than having a song car maniac stuck in their place!!!!!!!
Glad to hear recover very soon.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Glad you get things sorted Bill
Old 07-22-2010, 02:28 AM
Senior Members

See u bastards later!!

I am just on my flight heading for a weekend in Taipei again. Chick next to me has got some serious cans... Hahaha!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 02:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ricky1329
Yes, I agree. One part (LED) drawing less power does not mean the rest of power need to be pushed to other parts causing overload then shutdown. If this is the case, then how about if I switch off the air-con, then a lot of energy should be pushed to other parts.

If they said the LED does not draw enough power and cause the whole lighting module / computer shutdown, then I accept. But they said it shutdown the cooling fan....no way!

They "water" you wor...
Old 07-22-2010, 08:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

same here, i think nowbody knew what was going on, they blamed it on incorrect
computer download or software, and the fan.....and the led and......
worries me, why can't cars be a little bit simple, since the last 20 years the engines got more reliable, but the electrics are worse, all those millions invested, all gone to BVI and Swiss banks...
bit like the Premier league.
ha ha they did wonder why the charged gas injection boost thru the manifold was 1.7 bar instead of 1.2

Originally Posted by newbie2
Yes, I agree. One part (LED) drawing less power does not mean the rest of power need to be pushed to other parts causing overload then shutdown. If this is the case, then how about if I switch off the air-con, then a lot of energy should be pushed to other parts.

If they said the LED does not draw enough power and cause the whole lighting module / computer shutdown, then I accept. But they said it shutdown the cooling fan....no way!

They "water" you wor...
Old 07-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

same here, i think nowbody knew what was going
ha ha they did wonder why the charged gas injection boost thru the manifold was 1.7 bar instead of 1.2
hhaahaa...
so did Merc change back to 1.2 bar??

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum