E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 03:49 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by pinguhk
yeah now you know why me and bill will not go back
sorry to hear you stuck in UK. I saw the news that they tested a little plane and it was OK so they may start to fly again.

Kieth our 3 bar is 1 of the best investment. Loving it alot
Some small plane still can be fly as they flying at much lower attitude, but not for the 747 long haul :thumbsdown:
Did you finally get the 3rd bar installed? How was it affecting the handling?? Would the car feels stiffer in normal driving?

Man, cant wait to be back!!
Old 04-18-2010, 04:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
Some small plane still can be fly as they flying at much lower attitude, but not for the 747 long haul :thumbsdown:
Did you finally get the 3rd bar installed? How was it affecting the handling?? Would the car feels stiffer in normal driving?

Man, cant wait to be back!!
https://5series.net/forums/topic/972...ng-strut-bars/
Old 04-18-2010, 04:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Sounds great!!
Did AK modded your exhaust too?
Old 04-18-2010, 05:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by etchu
RS6 got a great engine but heavy as hell compared to it's peers. so still not that good.
+1 Tested RS6 last year and its so heavy on the track, cant imagine how it will like on the road!

Guys, as i am stuck in the UK, am going to Merc centre in brooklands to test out their AMGs on track,
thinking the new E63 or C63, will take some pictures if possible!
Old 04-18-2010, 05:44 AM
Senior Members

I am stuck in UK due to the volcanic ash, my italy trip was cancelled and they have no idea when it will be reopen!!!Damn it!!

Saw so many nice cars in london tho, Noble, Bentley GTS, F1 722 AMG...etc

I miss HK so much!! I know why you guys hate to live in UK ow, i spend 2 days of calling up BA to get my ticket refund!!
HK is a better city to live, well, better sun shine and air in here though
man, it really sucks to hear this, wish things get "cleared" soon for you, we do miss our initial D of the group too
Old 04-18-2010, 05:51 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wnshie
man, it really sucks to hear this, wish things get "cleared" soon for you, we do miss our initial D of the group too
Thanks buddy!

Things are getting worst here, they think the ashes will still be around for the next couple of days or weeks at least!
Which means i will have to stay here endlessly and wait for the reopen.
Its such a waste of time and money as i've already spend 20K to make this trip work and turn up like this :thumbsdown:
I would spend that money on mods
Old 04-18-2010, 06:04 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mark_hk
But M5 is more driver focused than Panamera.... right??

Cant compare an older car to a brand new model either....

Id rather buy an 06/07 M5 for $800,000 than a Panamera turbo for $1.8mil or whatever it costs...
I won't know anything about M5, but I would say it takes a fair bit of modding to make our e60 a match on handling when compared with a stock Panamera 4S, at least, that's what I get from that brief test drive I had... would you agree, kc?

I think there are two versions of M5, 2 doors or 4 doors, right? If that's the case, buy 2 doors, from my e93, I know the framework of the 2 doors are really much better than our 4 doors e60 with BMW, I mean, I (e60 530i) used to need to catch up with my wife (e93 323i) when we are on roads with lots of turns! This is when I learnt why convertibles are so much more expensive, we are not just paying for the look, we are also paying for the framework.

That's why, TMS drive is never about power... our inital D is a different story thou
Old 04-18-2010, 06:09 AM
Senior Members

Thanks buddy!

Things are getting worst here, they think the ashes will still be around for the next couple of days or weeks at least!
Its such a waste of time and money as i've already spend 20K to make this trip work and turn up like this :thumbsdown:
Use this chance to catch that train to Europe then! That would be fun!
Old 04-18-2010, 06:14 AM
Senior Members

Thanks buddy!

You know what, while I am reading this forum I am also watching news... bad news mate, even the tickets of the train and the Ferry to Paris are pretty much sold out...
Old 04-18-2010, 06:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Sounds great!!
Did AK modded your exhaust too?
no
it was rainbow

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum