E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by telegogo
Mineis 523i EAG version, which means BMW took away all possible feastures from the car to make the price low. I was told there are 10 speaker in the car, but it was 6 actually. The tweeters at A pillar and at the back were found missing. No amp for the sub-woofer.

I guess yours should be better equipped mine. I think you car should be config like this, the head unit driives the front and back speaker and a very small amp drive the sub-woo under the seat. But no one know until the car is opened up for checking.

There are lots of possible upgrades :

- change the front speakers only used as the core speaker.
- change both the front and back speaker
- chagne also the sub-woofer
- depending on which speakers you chanage, you may need amp and audio control equip.

For me I changed the front speaker to Morel Hybid Ovation, back speaker to a cheap one, add a tube amp to drive the front speaker and sub-woof, leave the head unit to drive the speaker at the back jsut to give some feedback from the back, plus the audio control equipment. Results is 1000+ better. Of course the original ones was really shit.

E60 uses 4" thin speakers, so not much choice, high end ones (over 5k) Morel, Forcal, Venture, Rainbow. Mid ranges MB Quart, DLS,... I did not try DLS, but their amp is good.

Depending on what you want, if only change the speaker, any shop can do, find the cheapest one. Change the system, find a expert, otherwise, you may have goods equipmnet give you worse sound. I can PM you soem names if you need.

I think Mark did even a lot more change than mine. See his signature.
Yeah, like me i installed Morel Hybrid with 4 channel amp and then 2 subs with another amp to drive the subs.

My install is on a bigger scale than what Ah Mo wants but like you say, there is little choice on speakers for E60.

Is there real point in changing front speakers to relatively low end?? Would it make that much of a difference? I dunno.

My car is 523i and had very bare audio system. Head unit drives 4 speakers - no amp - no sub! What a piece of shit! ha ha
Old 04-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by mark_hk
Yeah, like me i installed Morel Hybrid with 4 channel amp and then 2 subs with another amp to drive the subs.

My install is on a bigger scale than what Ah Mo wants but like you say, there is little choice on speakers for E60.

Is there real point in changing front speakers to relatively low end?? Would it make that much of a difference? I dunno.

My car is 523i and had very bare audio system. Head unit drives 4 speakers - no amp - no sub! What a piece of shit! ha ha
its not a piece of $hit
it to cut cost that is why 523 and 520 have less stuff.
they sold the most was the 25i. in the 5er and 3er.
you pay what you get.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk
its not a piece of $hit
you pay what you get.
but for the same price range, MB's audio system is much better than BMW.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:15 PM
Senior Members

Agree - everyone comments on the poor quality of standard BMW audio system, considering the class of car and price you are paying.

If you are buying a toyota corolla, then you cant expect much! For a premium european car, you expect something decent!
Old 04-14-2010, 09:27 PM
Contributors

have you tried out the Lexus IS250C hifi that is very good.
maybe because both of these make are sound less from out side so the sound inside the car is the best.
BMW cars need installation for all the doors for better sound like the 2 cars
Old 04-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Contributors

Agree - everyone comments on the poor quality of standard BMW audio system, considering the class of car and price you are paying.

If you are buying a toyota corolla, then you cant expect much! For a premium european car, you expect something decent!
all car have good and bad you will never get a perfect car unless you pay loads of $$$$$$$, like the mayback
I never like the hifi in my BMW, my stepwgn is better than my BM.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Contributors

Good that I don't pay too much attention to the stereo (not even close to HiFi) in the car. I only do HiFi at home.

Let me try you guys' car HiFi next time please.

all car have good and bad you will never get a perfect car unless you pay loads of $$$$$$$, like the mayback
I never like the hifi in my BMW, my stepwgn is better than my BM.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:14 PM
Senior Members

its not a piece of $hit
you pay what you get.
pay peanut and get monkey
Old 04-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by etchu
Good that I don't pay too much attention to the stereo (not even close to HiFi) in the car. I only do HiFi at home.

Let me try you guys' car HiFi next time please.
i dont even pay much attention to thehifi at home, now its just ipod and iphone, they sound crap but they are so convenient.

btw, anyone has connection to get discount on pioneer av amp? I am abt to pull the trigger on an vsx 919.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:30 PM
Senior Members

if u bought new, u could choose to pay extra to get the logic7 upgrade. my fd 7er's sound is quite okay.

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum