E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 06:17 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

you are a nutter!!!

f exhaust still haven't arrived, can't wake up my neighbours without it!!

Originally Posted by mark_hk
Yes - exactly...!
Old 04-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: e60 525i 2005 with: H&R sway bar, K&N air filter, sprint booster I, split-fire coil, Ferodo Brake pads, M-tech kit, black shadowline (thanks Ricky) Pending : 19' Advan Racing RS with Re-0011 tyre + Koni-FSD with Eibach Sport spring Looking for ?exhaust ? Denson 500 for ipod

hi, telegogo, i read your thread in other car audio forum. Did you change your car speaker?

I also want to change mine. I checked my car and found i have amplifier, underseat subwoofer. I think i might change the speakers first. we don't have many option for speaker as the size is 4". What do u think? I might try DLS reference series.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

I have installed 2 bars out of 3 which I will install on Saturday
well all I can say is, if you love driving this is a must have mod.
the feeling is like adding sway bar.
the car is but better on corning and my body roll is much less on corners
for the price of these bar it is well worth every dollar.
some cars need to spend more than 10k to get the same feeling.

there is 1 problem if you have change the exhaust like me, you will need to mod the exhaust to fit the last bar which I need to do on Saturday at rainbow.
Attached Thumbnails Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum-001-15-3-ultra-racing-strut-bars.jpg   Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum-002-15-3-ultra-racing-strut-bars.jpg   Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum-003-15-3-ultra-racing-strut-bars.jpg   Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum-004-15-3-ultra-racing-strut-bars.jpg   Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum-005-15-3-ultra-racing-strut-bars.jpg  

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum-008-15-3-ultra-racing-strut-bars.jpg  
Old 04-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Members

Originally Posted by momowing
hi, telegogo, i read your thread in other car audio forum. Did you change your car speaker?

I also want to change mine. I checked my car and found i have amplifier, underseat subwoofer. I think i might change the speakers first. we don't have many option for speaker as the size is 4". What do u think? I might try DLS reference series.
Mineis 523i EAG version, which means BMW took away all possible feastures from the car to make the price low. I was told there are 10 speaker in the car, but it was 6 actually. The tweeters at A pillar and at the back were found missing. No amp for the sub-woofer.

I guess yours should be better equipped mine. I think you car should be config like this, the head unit driives the front and back speaker and a very small amp drive the sub-woo under the seat. But no one know until the car is opened up for checking.

There are lots of possible upgrades :

- change the front speakers only used as the core speaker.
- change both the front and back speaker
- chagne also the sub-woofer
- depending on which speakers you chanage, you may need amp and audio control equip.

For me I changed the front speaker to Morel Hybid Ovation, back speaker to a cheap one, add a tube amp to drive the front speaker and sub-woof, leave the head unit to drive the speaker at the back jsut to give some feedback from the back, plus the audio control equipment. Results is 1000+ better. Of course the original ones was really shit.

E60 uses 4" thin speakers, so not much choice, high end ones (over 5k) Morel, Forcal, Venture, Rainbow. Mid ranges MB Quart, DLS,... I did not try DLS, but their amp is good.

Depending on what you want, if only change the speaker, any shop can do, find the cheapest one. Change the system, find a expert, otherwise, you may have goods equipmnet give you worse sound. I can PM you soem names if you need.

I think Mark did even a lot more change than mine. See his signature.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by telegogo
Mineis 523i EAG version, which means BMW took away all possible feastures from the car to make the price low. I was told there are 10 speaker in the car, but it was 6 actually. The tweeters at A pillar and at the back were found missing. No amp for the sub-woofer.

I guess yours should be better equipped mine. I think you car should be config like this, the head unit driives the front and back speaker and a very small amp drive the sub-woo under the seat. But no one know until the car is opened up for checking.

- depending on which speakers you chanage, you may need amp and audio control equip.

For me I changed the front speaker to Morel Hybid Ovation, back speaker to a cheap one, add a tube amp to drive the front speaker and sub-woof, leave the head unit to drive the speaker at the back jsut to give some feedback from the back, plus the audio control equipment. Results is 1000+ better. Of course the original ones was really shit.

E60 uses 4" thin speakers, so not much choice, high end ones (over 5k) Morel, Forcal, Venture, Rainbow. Mid ranges MB Quart, DLS,... I did not try DLS, but their amp is good.

Depending on what you want, if only change the speaker, any shop can do, find the cheapest one. Change the system, find a expert, otherwise, you may have goods equipmnet give you worse sound. I can PM you soem names if you need.

I think all 523 and 520 do not have the amp and woofer and tweeters. not just you EAG.
My is a new EAG car and has all the stuff in it and it is the same as my old 525i but I got more stuff than before in my LCI.
xeon
light wash
these is 2 thing missing in the LCI cruse control and the oil temp

I used Morel in my stepwgn too very nice speakers
Old 04-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk
I think all 523 and 520 do not have the amp and woofer and tweeters. not just you EAG.
My is a new EAG car and has all the stuff in it and it is the same as my old 525i but I got more stuff than before in my LCI.
xeon
light wash
these is 2 thing missing in the LCI cruse control and the oil temp

I used Morel in my stepwgn too very nice speakers
what is the model shown on your government regristration paper : 525i or 525i E.A.G.?

mine is 523i E.A.G.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Contributors

what is the model shown on your government regristration paper : 525i or 525i E.A.G.?

mine is 523i E.A.G.
my is 525i and 0 owner and no EGA
yours are used 1s right 1 owner or did they also sell new 1s too
your car is about 60k less than my
Old 04-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

What is the marking on your audio control unit: BMW Business or BMW Professional
Old 04-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Small Tomato
What is the marking on your audio control unit: BMW Business or BMW Professional
don't know.

how could i identify it?
Old 04-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: e60 525i 2005 with: H&R sway bar, K&N air filter, sprint booster I, split-fire coil, Ferodo Brake pads, M-tech kit, black shadowline (thanks Ricky) Pending : 19' Advan Racing RS with Re-0011 tyre + Koni-FSD with Eibach Sport spring Looking for ?exhaust ? Denson 500 for ipod

PM you, telegogo. Thanks

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum